Thread: Baronness
View Single Post
Old 10th December 2011, 11:57 PM   #271
Baroness

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

I guess I'm just not ready to give up yet. He has been drawing closer to me in some ways and when I pray I feel a lot of love for him and I also feel kind of sorry for him. It must be hard to once be a virile man and then not be. I don't know what his problem is; whether it be physical or mental, but I feel bad for him because I feel it is something he can't help.

He is otherwise very nice and considerate and since I got him the pills yesterday for his cough, he has been doing much better. He must feel like a failure sometimes, when he admits to himself that he can't make love like he used to. Of course this has nothing to do with him not marrying me before now but I asked God to help him with his issues, because he's the only one who can.

You can't live with a man this long and just walk away without a backwards look or thought. I still care for him very much and we have built a life together and in fact, get along most of the time. I just can't shake the feeling that God has something he wants to do in Gabby and that I have been part of this plan.

I don't know. I'm praying about it and that's all I can do. When I lost my job he could have just kicked me out and said that wasn't the arrangement we had. I have known men who would have done this. Instead; he did the best he could and he is entitled to a little frustration. I don't agree with living in a sexless marriage, if it came to that, but sometimes we can't help the way our body reacts or changes as we get older.

Especially if we've worked very hard all our lives and drank for many years. I can't turn my back on him because he's sick or his body is going through things, if that is the reason. God alone knows and that's why I'm waiting for him to show me what to do.

Apparently he wants me to remain here another possibly 9 months. If it was his will for me to leave, then why would he do that? I'm trying to use reason to figure this out but I know God is trying to do something; I just don't know what.

I hope everyone has a nice holiday and I wish you all a Merry Christmas.