View Single Post
Old 17th April 2014, 04:23 PM   #10
chosen

Re: 20 years Trapped

How do you know that your husband doesn't love you? Could this be because he feels and knows that you have never loved him?

If you have teaching degrees and the children are older and in school, can you consider a teaching job of some sort to earn money? Maybe even private tuition? You would have the holidays off then as well.
You seem to feel bitter that you didn't have a career, but I know for me, my children and family were always far more important than money or status or career. I was married at 19 and had my first child at 21, and so had no time for a career as such, but my adult son said to me a few years ago quite out of the blue(I have three children), that me being there for him when was at home after school, before school, when he was ill, and in the holidays, was far more important to him that having more 'things' and money and possessions. I was so touched, and it showed me even more how vital it is that we as mothers should be there for our children, rather than off chasing money and career and position. Our role is so very important, far more than any paid role we could ever have.

I understand about being a vicars wife. My married son has had 2 words from God that indicate that he too may be a pastor in the future. Also my uncle was a Bishop after being a vicar for many years and working his way up, so I saw his role and his wives part in that.

However my local vicars wife works full time shift work as a nurse, and she does nothing at all to support her husbands role in the church, not even attending church, so its not compulsory.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote