View Single Post
Old 1st July 2014, 08:45 PM   #6
ronnoco

Re: My wife left me for a guy she just met at work :( will she regret

Hello,

I feel for you, I really do as I know exactly what you are going through as a very similar thing happened to me.

I understand your pain of how someone you loved so much can change. It's incredible how 2 people who were soul mates can end up like this. Let me tell you, people who cheat become totally different people from the person you once knew.

Your wife's actions aren't uncommon. We see quite a few posts like this on here. It's ironic how the "speech" as I like to call it can often be the same.

I do wonder sometimes if some people live life wearing a mask, putting on an act then finally the real person comes out.

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense. Rationalising your cheating wifes behavior is pointless. It's nothing to do with what you did or didn't do because it is never OK to go outside of your relationship to solve problems within a relationship. It's not your fault.

It is unfair to compare a new, exciting, taboo fantasy relationship to one you've been in for years where there are kids, bills to pay, a house to run and noses to wipe. That is a ridiculous comparison. You seem like a good person who takes his vows seriously. The fact that your wife is willing to palm your daughter off to you for the summer says a lot to me - it really does.

You ask these questions, will she regret it, will she apologies, will she come back. What you are doing here is the "bargaining" stage of the 5 stages of grief. You clearly want her back, it's natural - don't try and fight it, you need to process the pain and go through the process. This is a good page : -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amy-ch...b_1919973.html

You might find this one very interesting and helpful too : -

http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/sho...7&postcount=55

You can only judge someone on their choices and their actions and your wife's choices and actions are terrible. I don't understand some people.

What's done is done. Who knows what will happen in the future but for now, you really need to focus on being the best dad you can for your daughter and on yourself. I can already tell you'll take care of the dad side, follow Chosen's advice and get some legal guidance. I brought my wife out of our marital home and have the children 3 nights a week. It works great.

As for you, get back to the gym! - I love weight training, I have been doing it since I was 16. Working out will release feel good endorphin's that will help you mental state no end. You need to rebuild physically, emotionally and mentally. Also, change your wardrobe, get a new haircut, get a massage, try a new hobby, rediscover yourself but most importantly, ensure you have a support network of family and friends around you.

All the best. Tough times don't last, tough, people do :-)
ronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote