View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2016, 03:29 PM   #9
ralfgarnett

Re: My next move? Help/Advice needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssudio_uk View Post
I think the police were harsh on me because the word 'domestic' had been used. I was told that anything that mentions that now is essentially a push for guilt. Sadly, it was a trial without any evidence, really; it had been assumed and taken as truth that I had done all these things. I was surprised also, just for emails. Not a threat in them, or even foul language, just asking for answers.

I have stepped away from it all, for now.
Hi mate so very sorry your going through all this, sounds like your really going through the mill, I saw on the BBC news recently that new legislation has been passed here in the UK regarding unpleasant domestic situations, sounds to me that you have been a recent victim of this new legislation and the subsequent powers it gives to the Police, ok I agree with it if someone male or female is being abused either mentally, emotionally, or physically, and I believe it also covers controlling behaviour whatever that means, Raymond did once explain it to me but I still don't get it, but if these things are genuinely taking place in a relationship then it's good that the law is on the side of the victim these days, but if as you say your e-mails were genuinely worded without threats or bad language then I think the police should be finding other more important things to be doing, if they do it again remind them that they are public sector employees and that you pay their wages, I have said this at times with some of the stroppy pinko commissars at our local town hall and it has often taken the wind out of their sales, meanwhile good luck mate I sincerely hope things start picking up for you ASAP and that it starts to make some sense to you, one piece of advice I can give you is that you might have a head full of questions but you will receive or find very few answers to most of them.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote