View Single Post
Old 9th January 2014, 09:04 PM   #170
chosen

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
You can only do things with your spouse if they want to do those things. If you have similar interest, hobbies, etc. than that is true. I'm not placing blame on my father. My mother loved traveling, he didn't. She loved going to church, he didn't. She loved being with friends and family, and he didn't. Now she could have done those things by herself, and some she did. But, why be married if to have a meaningful life you have to do those things by yourself. I am a christian, but I do not take literally everything in the bible, nor do i believe that abuse and adultery are the only reasons to get a divorce. I believe God wants us to have full, rewarding, and meaningful lives. I don't believe wanting to be happy is selfish.
Well yes he does want us to have a meaningful life, but not at the expense of doing the right thing and abandoning your children and family. Selfishness is wanting us to always think of ourselves. God does tell us not to marry non believers because being a Christian when your husband or wife isn't, is hard. I did that for years, and I have three close friends who have been going to church alone for many years but that doesn't make them unhappy.
Many married couples do things separately such as holidays, hobbies, interests and other things. I cant see what is wrong with that.

We dont have to always do everything together. I know a couple who have a very happy marriage, but during the week they do many things separately as well as together. She is off to Canada soon to see her uncle. He isn't going and doesn't feel he needs to. They also have many holidays together.

As far as I can see, the only allowable reason for divorce is sexual immorality. I would say abuse is a good reason to separate at least, but where does God say that we can just leave if we are bored or don't feel we love our spouse any more? Where does he says that if we feel frustrated we can just abandon out families? If we all did that no marriage would ever survive. Marriages need work and effort and it would be sad for yours to end just because your mum didn't change anything in her own life. Marriage is what you make if it.

Last edited by chosen; 9th January 2014 at 09:15 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote