View Single Post
Old 8th July 2011, 02:03 AM   #4
1aokgal

Re: Engagement weirdness: Help please

Dear Scarlettrook..

You moved in with him with one agenda (to get him to marry you.) He moved in with another agenda (NOT to have to make a committment and get all the benfits of marriage without the ceremony.) This is a mistake many women make. It does NOT lead to marriage.

In America, we say,"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk free!" So now you want to hold him up for a ring and a flowery proposal? I think it is NOT going to happen.

Maybe you can do it this way. Pack your bags and go home to your mother..or wherever you were before you made this fatal error. Sometimes a man will be so shocked and he gets the point that you seriously do not want to live in sin (although you already did.)

Maybe he says to himself..."Darn, no more cooking, cleaning and sexual services ..Well, OK, it wasn't th t great anyway." You set yourself up for this when you played loose with your moral
teaching you got hopefully, from your mother. I know she must have told you this was a mistake?
Yes, I know, There are 65% of couples today living without benefit of marriage.

The thing is...they are honest about it, as they planned it that way. The women are usually OK with not getting married. You played marital Poker with a covered hand, because for you it was the bait you used to get a wedding ring. Rethink this whole thing.

Do you really want to marry this guy who is so lackluster on this performance he gave. He does not sound like a great catch to me! Maybe he did you a favor to show his colors now before you DID get into a marriage with him? I hope you took care of the pregnancy angle and were NOT going to spring that on him to get a ring.

Young lady, If you get out of this one, don't repeat this episode. Keep to your own place. Don't share bed and breakfast unless you really don't care about getting married. Most men won't be convinced it's a good deal once the milk is free.

This is an old thread..do we hear the update?