View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 04:18 PM   #308
chosen

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
So you never felt pressure, peer or otherwise, to do something you didn't really want to do? Then later regret you did it.
MY husband married his first wife because he thought at the time that she was the one God wanted for him and because he wanted to get married and wasn't very good with women generally so had had few girlfriends. Her visa had nearly run out in OZ, so they had to get married only 6 months after the engagement. Looking back now he knows it was rushed and that it probably wasnt what God wanted for him, but that's life, he married her anyway, and got on with life and having children and marriage.

It was never a good marriage and he was never really happy, BUT he had made promises to her before God and he was going to keep them. He would never have ended the marriage, but she met another man and ended it anyway after 23 years. If she hadn't done that he would still be married 9 years on. He doesn't believe in divorce, but had no choice because she divorced him. he felt very guilty after the divorce even though she had done it and not him.

What I am trying to say is that if you have made promises is it ok to just break them because you dont love her 'enough'? How much do you value the promises that you made till death do us part and for better and for worse? Did you not mean what you said?. Do you feel its ok to abandon your family because you think you made a mistake? Where does commitment and responsibility come in to it?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote