Thread: advice needed
View Single Post
Old 31st August 2005, 12:22 AM   #10
woodywasp

Re: advice needed please

I spoke to solicitor this morning told her I had not seen my Wife since last Wednesday my Solicitor seems to think this is wise. I still miss my Wife but have gone back to work today after a short holiday and things seem to be moving slowly forward. It seems the court has not yet sent my Wife the Divorce papers. I have given my wife time to calm down and have done nothing that can provoke her. Hopefully contact eith my son will be coming through shortly it is terribly hard at the moment and I have had my car vandalised by someone . I feel like someone is trying to make me feel it was her but dhre has never struck me as the type to go out and vandalise things . I am not like that either .I have tried to remain positive and have made friends with some old friends who sat in disbelief when I told them what happened. It seems that everyone I have spoken to seems to be telling me the same thing that I should just give it time . I dont know a lot about depression does it come and go overnight ? or am I in for a long wait? I have looked on the internet but no where does it give you any clear message of how long Post natal depression lasts s. I guess it varies from person to person some people of told me weeks , others months and some even years. I dont know what to believe. I feel very lonely at the moment although I am managing to eat which is the first thing which is affected when I am disturbed or upset. Some people have suggested that I need to see a councillor? but what would I say? what would I tell them I seem to be endlessly reliving every detail of the night we split up and really do not know where to look for answers. Do I keep blaming myself? was there something else I could have done? and finally is there any light at the end of the tunnel because things seem pretty hopeless at the moment . I still have no contact with my son and cannot speak to my wife wthout been threatened by solicitors! How can I possibly get some closure or hope to resolve this situation if I cant communicate with my Wife without getting accused of everything under the sun? I have kept my distance started shopping elsewhere what more can I do?????