View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2006, 01:50 AM   #4
Helen

Re: Christian Marriage And Sex Toys

I don't think any marriage, strong or otherwise, can be built on the use of sex toys. Sorry. Some sex toys are very destructive on relationships. Some can never replace a lover. Others make finding a 'suitable' (read worthy) mate impossible. And others make rebuilding an otherwise shaky relationship difficult, if not impossible. Sorry to say it...

I made a commitment to a man I corresponded with for ages (and dated seriously) never to use toys and I meant it. He never said do not use your hands but he made his view about toys abundantly clear. He was happy for me to masturbate. He just asked me never to use toys whilst doing this because some of them create unrealistic expectations and I agree, they do. So I NEVER use sex toys now, ever (my choice) and I cannot sanction/see the need for their use amongst other women...especially women who allege there are problems in their relationships. I think toys, in this case, are just a cop out and a cover for deeper problems.

I agree with Mike. Is your relationship about your satisfasction or is it about using each other for sex? Or do you want a REAL relationship, with mutual give and take? Because you seem to indicate that you could not give a s**t about your husband apart from his value as the owner of a penis! You seem obsessed with satisfying your sexual needs too. I see little about actual CARING! It is all about scratching YOUR itches. Well, we all have itches but we none of us have been as cold hearted about sorting our own needs out or saying that we intend to use a spouse for this purpose! You make my blood run cold. Honestly.

Make up your mind what you want and, if it's about sex, which it seems to be for you, say it is. And if it is all about sex and you do not care who it is with so long as you get some, why are you here? And why are you bitching about affairs that never really happened but you suspect are lusted after in your own mind? You still have no proof that your husband went elsewhere. Remember this...

It also begs the question - aren't you doing the same thing by voicing these fantasies? I feel grubby just reading them, frankly...

H