View Single Post
Old 10th March 2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Jackie

Re: Husband very close to my best friend

Oh my goodness. Can't believe you are letting them get away with this. If you read my posts you will see what I mean. My close friend (I don't say best friend as she is a childhood friend) who I would see about 5 times a week and like you we were in and out of each other's houses. She went to badminton with my H, went to the pub afterwards, stayed there till around 1am. I trusted them both completely. I have known her about 9 years.

She threw her H out in August and in October I found out that her and my H had been having an affair since May. This is the friend that I sympathised with over her H, gave her a shoulder to cry on, was there for her, not realising that my H was there for her as well. Texting each other at night, emailing to his email account that was unknown to me. I used to go away for the odd night on business and she would be round at our house, sleeping in my bed. The three of us would always be sitting around our kitchen table, and he would walk her home afterwards. What a fool I was for trusting them. I don't believe that men and women can only be friends when they have a close relationship like my H and OW had and your H and your BF have. Something is bound to develop and I don't believe this "she is like a sister" line either. Rubbish. If that is all she is then conversation wouldn't stop when you walk in. Any phone calls that late at night are up to no good.

By the way, I have been married for 19 years and we have been together for 22 years in total that is why I trusted him completely and as she she was my friend you hope that they would not do this to you. How wrong - she was only looking out for herself. She wanted to feel needed and my husband obviously liked feeling needed.

You have got to stop this going on. You are his wife and like you say if he doesn't want you in his life he should get on with it and let you make a new life. I would definitely confront it. I wish I had gone with my suspicions a month earlier. I would not just wait around for him to change because unless he knows something is wrong how will he know. You are obviously not happy so please, please do something about it.