View Single Post
Old 4th May 2010, 08:05 AM   #3
UpandDown

Re: I want to understand

Hi there, so alone

So sorry you're going through this. It sounds very similar to what i've gone through with my H. I think the reason they blame us for the way they feel is to do with their loss of pride and self-esteem so they actually do feel worse around us because we remind them how they've let us down. My H is adamant we don't work as a couple (despite being together 10 years). It's so painful to hear.

Regarding your Mother-In-Law, you need to set some serious boundaries there. If you do make it work with your H he will have to be better at talking to her about what is acceptable and what isn't. On the other side of it I find it very very sad when women are still like this about their sons. It shows she has been unable to allow him to grow up and move away from her. She probably has problems with other relationships in her life if she's anything like my Mum, so you could try and feel sorry for her (!!!)

Anway, got to go and get children dressed, but I just wanted to quickly post and say that I'm thinking of you. Keep us posted how you go.

Love Kathryn
x
UpandDown is offline   Reply With Quote