View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2013, 05:31 PM   #1
carrie80

Just found out my cloak was stolen for me need help

I am having a winter wedding so I've planned my dress round that. I also wanted a cloak with a large hood. Last winter (I've being planning a long time) a close friend visited me with a lovely red satin cloak and said I could have it. She wasn't or hadn't been married herself so I ask her how she came by it and how much it would cost and she just said it's a gift and it doesn't matter how I came by it just enjoy it.

I should have questioned her more but I was so please I tried it on and put the hood up, a large one like I wanted. I think it was because the cloak was everything I wanted that I didn't question my friend more which I should have done. I was just so pleased with it and so that's how things where I had my cloak and later on my dress. Then just over a week ago I found out that the cloak was stolen, I can't say how I found out in this post. I challenged my friend and she told me it was true she had taken it from a house. She was in the house legally the night before the wedding and she help herself to the cloak that was hanging in the bride's room because she knew I wanted one. She put it over her arm with some other clothing on top and just walked to her car. With people coming and going all the time and most people being down stairs no one had seen her and being only a friend of a guest (that's how she knew about the cloak) no one challenged her later. I just stood there speechless I had everything ready and now my cloak which I love is stolen. She was so calm, don't worried no one had seen me it was a large house rented by the bride's family so they could be close to the location. I wasn't staying there overnight myself people were coming and going all the time no one had seen me no one has asked me about it etc.

Now I'm in two states of mind I need help with. First when it's hung away I feel for the bride losing the cloak, do I give it back and run the chance of exposing a lifelong friend, what would I say to her when I gave it back all goes through my head. The second state of mind is when I put it on and look at myself in it. I imagine myself walking down the church the cloak over my dress my head covered with the satin hood, pulling it down to start the wedding. That's when I can't think of parting with it. Giving it back to a bride whose wedding has gone why would she want it now. Where could she use it what good would it really do. I keep switching between the two states of mind help.