View Single Post
Old 17th October 2014, 10:44 PM   #2
ronnoco

Re: Cripes what have i done!

Hello,

I think the counselling will do you the world of good because you do indeed sound very confused. Saying you're in love then not, etc - I suspect you have lost all sight of what love actually is. This happens sometimes, there's a whole post dedicated to it here.

Fact is, you are a husband and a father - you promised to love your wife forever and be faithful to her. Think about it logically. If you leave your wife because you think you might find someone better, you are going to break your childrens hearts. Do you want to be the person that does that to them? The person who creates a broken home?

When my wife told me she was leaving me and told my daughter, she came over to me with her little chin trembling , tears running down her face and told me she didn't want it to happen. I can honesty tell you that was the worst moment of my entire left. I would hate to be the person that inflicted that pain on my daughter. It was totally out of my control and it was still terrible.

What's it going to be like in just a few years when your teenage kids asked why you left mum - a women they love and care about no end?

Is it worth it?

The truth is - I suspect you see other women, they look pretty, you imagine being with them, create a certain picture in your head etc but it's juts infatuation. Sometimes the forbidden fruit can make our mind play tricks with us.

You've made a good decision getting counselling, it shows maturity. You should tell your wife that you want to get past this and fully work on doing so because you owe it to your wife, yourself and your kids to do everything possible to try and make your marriage work.

All the best.
ronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote