View Single Post
Old 24th April 2011, 09:03 PM   #183
Heather

Re: How do I take the final step?

Thank you for your kind wishes Chamomile.

I have been contemplating the way life has changed this last 6 months and can't help but wonder at which point I am going to feel single again. I was talking to my daughter the other day and referred to my husband as 'my other half'... she just looked at me and shook her head slightly. I didn't even realise what I'd said. Strange that even after all of this I still feel bound to him. I know I am legally still married too and can't seem to think of him as an 'ex'. I guess when my life has been so completely tied to his it will take a while. I sometimes wonder if this is just a hint of likely further heartache in the future as we become more separate. I worry that I still haven't made that step in my heart yet - only in my mind, and that the fact that he is away from home still only feels like he is away with work.

Oh well, no point looking for trouble - we will gradually separate our lives more and more. I have friends encouraging me to 'get back out there' - or 'have a fling'... they don't know me at all - I was never ' out there' and I feel it is really important to follow this counselling and sort me out first - I have a lot of stuff to work through and not many people get the opportunity to review what they have done in life and where they are going - I don't want to miss out on all that.
So I will keep plodding on, and no doubt regale you with issues as they arise... thankyou all for being there so often for me.
Have a lovely Easter all of you.
Hx
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote