View Single Post
Old 24th December 2013, 06:26 PM   #17
ronnoco

Re: When is enough really ENOUGH!!!

Hello TDL,

Firstly - so sorry to hear about these events that have happened to you.

Listen, the fact that you couldn't tell your husband about these says it all really doesn't it. Your marriage was a shambles.

Although you may well be right about him not showing sympathy about the attempted rape - this may have been him wanting to know what had happened in order to be able to process it. Although of course, I would show sympathy (I would be absolutely devastated if this happened to by wife) I know myself that I would want to know what happened in order to be able to fully process it and be able to support her. I can't really explain why, I just know I would want to know.

Google "5 stages of grief" it will help you a lot. You will go through many of these stages for a very long time. Right now you are clearly in the anger stage. It's going to take you a long time to move on but it's important to process the pain and these emotions.

If not already done, I would really recommend seeing a good councillor and getting professional help for what you went through.

Write a journal of how you are feeling each day. As time goes by and you start to heal you will be able to look back and see what process you have made compared to how you are now.

Christmas is the time for peace. Try and give yourself a break for the next couple of days.

Let 2014 be a new year, new start....a new TDL. Focus on no 1.

Wishing you all the very best.
ronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote