View Single Post
Old 17th October 2015, 07:40 PM   #1969
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Ah ralf you are a kind man, and funny. That did make me laugh what you said about you wife not talking to all those people. needed that laugh today as my husband has just lost out on some work again, and we are pretty desperate:-(
How sad that the young mans grave isnt cared for, but I guess his relatives are long gone now:-( SO tragic:-(

Please do bear in mind what I said, I am wiling to talk to her any time. No I dont watch that not mad on Peter Kay. I am into Downton right now(lOVE that programme) and a couple of good police dramas that are on( I think one is called 'forgotten' cant remember what the other is called). Also like Lewis which has just started again, my older daughter lives in Oxford and its nice to see the lovely buildings in the programme.
Google box is also very entertaining if a bit rude at times. 'Would I lie to you' also very funny.
You are kind Chosen, I have also lost an 11 y/o contract this week through no fault of my own, I just pick myself up, dust myself down, and pick up the phone, not easy and not for everyone but its the only solution to business blues.

Not mad on Peter Kay myself but he isn't Peter Kay in this he is a cockney and plays it really well and I don't like cockney programmes ie Only Fools or eastenders etc I hate them, which is why I am so surprised I am hooked on cradle to grave but hey ho.

Yes the young mans grave was derelict before until WAW I / we got our mitts on it, now I keep it pristine and yes his family are no longer around but he died 97 years ago but you know how I feel about WW1 it is in my heart and soul and while I have a breath in my body I will remember them, that is part of being WFA we are charged with the honour of perpetuation of that lost generation and by gum I am proud to wear the poppy and WFA insignia whenever I can no matter where I am in the world, I wore it in Germany last November not to be confrontational but to show solidarity with their month of mourning also, I love Germany and the German people even though the Luftwaffe bombed Dublin, Malta, and even our chippy, I trust you and I have pm'd you the article I wrote that has been placed on our MBC website.

I promise you I will keep your offer in my back pocket I just need to find the correct way to deal with it appropriately, thanks again most appreciated xx.

Ps dont forget dads army tonight, a great episode, mainly featuring Cpl Frazer played by the late great John Laurie for both me and WAW the best character in the whole wonderful Dads Army story, a WW1 veteran himself and suffered with effects all his life as did the also great Arnold Ridley (Pte Godfrey).

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 17th October 2015 at 07:50 PM.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote