View Single Post
Old 8th November 2015, 03:13 PM   #2069
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Remembering today my grandfather, a motorbike dispatch rider on the front in france whose lungs were damaged by the mustard gas in WW1. Died due to the lung damage leaving 5 little daughters. Mum was only 2 years old. SO sad. I hope I will met him one day.
Like so many of men and women he was a casualty of the Great War regardless of when it actually killed him, the same thing happened to a great uncle on my wifes side of the family, discharged from duty with wounds in 1916 he died of his wounds in 1936, as I do every year I have been over to the war memorial proudly wearing my poppy and medals, to me remembrance Sunday and November 11th are the most sacred days in the year, nothing else comes any where near in importance to them, and it has to be marked 100% correctly with due respect, diligence, and dignity, I sit on the WW1 local MBC committee and I keep the lefties on track, I was talking to the head of services at lunchtime and had great pleasure reminding him very politely of his responsibilities towards his duties and the up-keep of the website.

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 8th November 2015 at 06:23 PM.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote