View Single Post
Old 7th October 2013, 12:47 AM   #21
abc

Re: Marriage to a wife or Mother in law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Well if your church family wouldnt help you or support you, then they are not much of a church family. I can think of several couples in my church who I could go to with family problems.
Maybe you need to think of finding a more friendly open supportive church.

Trouble is even if she did leave you, they will probably all try and control your child as well. That the sad fact.
What is help? going to talk to the parents about how they need to cut the apron's string? No controlling parents in any culture let along a Vietnamese one would listen. Living in a western society yet holding onto old eastern tradition views nuff said.

The simple fact is no one in our church likes her mum. The mother lectures everyone at church (from young to old) on how to live their lives (from cooking, washing to telling other wifes how to treat husbands).

True that it's too easy for me to leave, but that means leaving the kid in the hands of a mother who doesn't know how to be a mum, and a mother inlaw who controls everyone no less than a dictator would. The kid will grow up even more broken (with a broken family + clueless mum + dictator-like grandma).

I'm the husband and I should have to put up with this crap. I should have walked a long time.
abc is offline   Reply With Quote