View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2013, 03:08 AM   #4
Car111

Re: Hoping to move forward

Hi ronnoco,

Thanks for stopping by. For sure you are right about communication being so important. For so long I just avoided talking to him, and avoided confrontation, because I could picture what I imagined he would say or how he would react and I just didn't want to deal with all of it.

I have noticed, though, that lately when I have been talking to him about things he seems to listen more to what I am saying and he lets me know he is there for me. This is new for us. I think we are feeling both more safe about opening up to each other.

My husband's LL is Acts of Service. For sure how he expresses love to me and the kids is Acts of Service. He enjoys doing nice things for us, liking cooking nice dinners and putting the kids to bed. Up until the kids were born, he would often plan trips for us to take together, sometimes as a surprise. It made me feel so loved. I hope that one day he will do that again.

Now I need to start thinking of some things that I could do to fulfill his love language. I have been bringing him coffee in the morning and little things like that throughout the day.

A change of scenery would be nice, for sure. We tend to do the same type of thing when we go out, such as going out to dinner. I would like to do something fun and exciting! What I am really dying for is to go on a nice weekend trip. I am not sure if he is ready yet though, and I don't want to pressure him. I suppose I could casually bring it up to gauge his reaction....

What I am hoping for is that he will start to pursue me and start planning things. I suppose that is wishful thinking and it may never happen so I shouldn't expect too much. It is what I am hoping for though!