Thread: is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 9th April 2017, 05:20 PM   #2
Raymond

Re: is this normal?

Hi Bob. Sorry you are going through problems. I think you have got to keep loving her through all this as your marriage is important. Granted she might be getting a little manipulative but I don't think shouting back is the answer. Yes one needs to listen to wives but if they are manipulating I think we must resist that. It is easy to see our spouses through own strengths and think they are falling short but the reverse can be true that she might be seeing you through her own strengths where you also will be falling short.

The answer is to accept each as they are and not make an argument out of everything. I believe one can resist manipulation in a loving way as you would not be doing her a favour allowing her manipulation to take root if that is what is happening.

I think it can be a wive's tendency to manipulate whereas a husband might tend to control. Both need to resist these tendencies. I have never said to my wife you manipulate me but where she does fall into that I have become aware of it and don't allow myself to be manipulated. We love out of freewill.

Personally I think a husband must make a special effort to love his wife and she should make a special effort to respect. It does help if wives make themselves lovable and husbands have something to respect but whatever we still need to do it regardless so that we have a happy marriage.

Last edited by Raymond; 9th April 2017 at 05:25 PM.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote