Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 19th April 2011, 11:38 AM   #38
Helen_uk

Re: Help

Heather,
that is an excellent post and so , so true.

When you're going through this it feels like the whole world is telling you you should leave . Yes, in reality you probably should... but you have to reach that conclusion for yourself or you run the risk of keep going back.

I think violence is the only case where it can be said definitively that leaving immediately is the only option , for everything else where there is no danger to physical well being I think it takes time to come to the realization that a marriage is over.

It took me 3 years to find the strength and courage to end what was a very toxic relationship , not violent but damaging emotionally. During that time everyone I knew kept telling me it was no good for me, they were right, but each time I was persuaded and kicked him out or left I went back because I wasn't ready to let go .

Everyone has a breaking point though and I finally reached mine. I was heartbroken for a while even then but I didn't take him back and have since gone on to find a new relationship and more importantly to be happy and secure.

Hunny , when you're ready you'll know and meantime keep posting when you need support .
Helen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote