View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:51 PM   #202
1aokgal

Re: How do I take the final step?

Heather..

If you are legally separated he has NO right to stay in the house for an overnight motel when he is in the mood. It does not matter that he still owns the house or not. Your domicile is yours. You have not said if premiss are leased or co-owned.

It is likely the house factors will be decided and set on final divorce decree. A legal separation, in US, means husband and wife are not living under same roof..even overnight, which would nullify the separation time period prior to final divorce.

He has no business to "drop in" and there needs to be a visitation arrangement set to agreement of both which does not include "drop by" visits. Most parents co-parent and each has custoday for school time during week and weekend custoday for each. My grandaughter lives between both parents and they have a good working situation where the child has quality time with each.

If he is stopping by this way, then I think that is feeling for him that he still controls your life.
He had his years and blew it and it is good for you to control your own space, time and work to a better future. I get it that he and the Ow have likely cooled down and he wants back on your doorstep. That would be a mistake as you have given this man every opportunity to make changes. Divorce and separation is rated as one of lifes' greatest stress issues on a chart of these. So there is no protocol to how you should feel during this time. Just take one day at a time.