View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:11 PM   #203
Forever

Re: How do I take the final step?

Hi Heather,
Well I think he has a lot of audacity dropping over like that. It is one thing to own a house, but another to respect the occupants living in it. You are in the midst of a divorce all of his own making, so he has no right to invade your space while you try to sort your life. You said you wanted an amicable divorce? So I guess that gives him permission to do what he has always done...come and go as if nothing has changed...have tea together as if you have no feelings. I hope his OW starts feeling the way you have in recent months...it would serve her right. Let HER wonder how cozy it is at your house whilst he is spending the night under the same roof with you as just "friends".

I think the "friendship card" can only be extended after all the emotional stuff and divorce is long over with, but that is just the way I am. It is high time you stop denying the reality of your feelings and take a little action to protect your heart. How do you ever expect to heal? The house will still be standing and property divided up after the divorce, but he has no right to treat it as his personal motel while you are still living in it just because he owns it too.

I rent. So should the owner of the house I live in just pop in whenever they are in town to spend the night? Whoever
said he was entitled to go to "his" house during a divorce?

Children, both young and old, visit with their parents at the place each resides at...this is the reality of divorce. Since he moved out, your children should be visiting him where ever he now lives.

Last edited by Forever; 3rd June 2011 at 12:08 AM.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote