View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:15 AM   #204
Heather

Re: How do I take the final step?

To be honest, Forever, I'm not sure whether the reality has really sunk in for my husband yet. I sometimes think it may not until I move house and all our physical links are gone. I wonder if the fact that I still live in the 'family' home, for him, makes it feel as though I am still there for him. I could be completely wrong, but he talks about there being 'no need to rush things' when actually I need some sort of closure so that I can move on.
I went to the solicitor today and signed the divorce petition and handed over my marriage certificate, which I will not see again. That felt very strange - I felt as though I had been cut adrift to bob about for 6 months while the legalities are completed. I imagine my husband will be rather shocked when the petition arrives on his doorstep for him to sign, maybe he doesn't really believe that I will do it? who knows.
I am just hanging on to the knowledge that I have done the right thing and although it is tough I just need to stay on this path until I come out the other side.
I know you have all been in this place - thank you for being here for me
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote