View Single Post
Old 5th June 2014, 01:28 PM   #40
Raymond

Re: Marriage of obligation vs my happiness?

You seem to be saying if I sin will God still love me. Yes God will still love you but you will have cut yourself off until you repent of that sin. Repentance would mean that you put it right and walk in the light again.

I think you are making too much of this personally. You have a wife who loves you and a wonderful child. Our ultimate relationship is with God through Christ as it happens.

You sound as if you think you have been greatly wronged when you chose yourself to get married. We all have to live by our decisions in life. God knows the circumstances of how you got married and He can make it work for good if you let Him.

I think you are harbouring this deception that destiny awaits you with someone else when your life is there before you. Your battle is with these thoughts about someone else outside of marriage I think. I would ask God where these thoughts are coming from. They may well be coming from the enemy who as you know comes to kill, steal and to destroy. Part of your answer might be to stop thinking of this other woman and yes, even stop praying for her. Let her go and give her to God.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote