View Single Post
Old 21st February 2015, 07:03 PM   #6
1aokgal

Re: Torn Marriage Due To Living Locations

Chosen, you know the journey of life is about the love we bear for our spouse and family. We overcome the challenge of location and make new memories that enrich life together anywhere. Couples who come from different cultures often have a big challenge to live together sometimes in another country. When that is where we go, we learn to adapt and accept new customs. Early, with my husbands' family, I relied on him to translate until I was able to learn a language and adapt to a different culture. His family became the ones who were kind and accepting, more than my own alienated and often unkind, family. I miss them very much today since they have passed.

My choice was to follow the man I loved, live in his homeland, and make a good life with him there. It is what we do as women, to make the home and be the beacon for our man, for when he comes home. My husband always tells me I am the beacon he follows, like the lighthouse. The wife has to be the strong one who binds the family together. That means we must stay healthy and don't allow poor thinking to rob us of the strength we need to support our man.

People are warm and friendly everywhere when we reach out. You have an great opportunity to use your life skills to support your husband in his work and make a new home with him where you go. Since you are especially one who carries your sunshine with you, you are rich in the love you share with your husband. That strength in you, will grow in your new home, as it has in the years you have been together. I think you will have some challenges to leave your established area, but you will have some great memories to tell your grand children. Lucky we no longer makes these trips forward in a wagon train!

Last edited by 1aokgal; 21st February 2015 at 07:26 PM.