View Single Post
Old 21st March 2013, 05:04 AM   #18
sirleo

Re: I feel betrayed!

Hello Forever, thanks for your kind input, Based in what I have experienced and my discussions with my wife ,
1. she is of the opinion that if she didn't tell me before marriage about her health limitation that had been there - it is ok and no big deal.
2. she says after finding out the doctors verdict, when I and her were having a discussion and i stated that should I have known all what I know after 3 months of marriage, I would have not made her and my life complicated - her reply was that its better that she should lied to me and should have told " she got this problem after being in my house and made me responsible for this surfacing. ( i lost trust in her - right there) i think in marriage a couple shares many secret dreams and plans, but how can someone use a power of relation to manipulate thier person benefits has been my thought.
3. i refrain from then to be sexually involved siting the consequences could be adverse of having an intimate relations since i lost trust.
4 i was blown when the person she confided to about her strategy that if she keeps quiet i will go to canada and then she will apply for welfare to live her life there and get grants from govt because I am the one who is sponsoring her as i am canadian citizen ( before marriage )
5. the law in india is ismple to ending an arrange marriage but women here misuse the power provided to them by that law. even though we are now living in separate towns - she is with her parents and i in my hometown - she has told my middle mans family that if i dare to get divorce they will get me killed and make false police complaints of me and my family that i am asking for dowry,

after learning all this - i have for now committed to live in india and work here to avoid any threats from them. and if i go and dont sponsor then she can tell the police that i have desserted her and then if i dont follow thru to prove my feelings by living in canada then I cannot come to india ever. because the moment i do - the airport authorities will black list me for domestic violence just based on her lies.

I am sharing it here cause i think i am right in my approach for divorce but if we get divorced her little chance to get immigrated gets washed away so she is not in favor and if she is married i under stress someday will have to leave india and sponsor her along to be in canada to avoid any legal complications.

In india unlike US. the police can file any charges against the newly wed couple - that is in favour of girl side - to earn money for settlement and to harrass the boys family.