View Single Post
Old 1st November 2011, 11:33 AM   #7
Ash78

Re: In a new relationship but why?

[QUOTE=Helen_uk;66329]Ash,

Why are you " sitting it out " with a young girl who you consider to be blatantly after your money ? Ask yourself why you feel it's better to be with someone , anyone.. rather than be alone.

I have to disagree with you , I think it's far too soon for you to be in or even considering another relationship.

When a marriage breaks down and there are unresolved issues stemming from that you need time emotionally to withdraw from that and recover . Otherwise you risk doing exactly what you've done, getting involved with someone who mirrors your ex and promises to cause you the exact same problems. Or you risk thinking any woman you meet is the same as your ex.... That's no way to start a new relationship.

Coming out of a marriage and being alone is hard, nobody will tell you otherwise ...But I think it's necessary to then take that time out alone to take stock, to heal and to sort out your own life.

Being single can be fun , you can please yourself , go where you want , when you want, eat pizza in front of the tv at 3 am if you want... It doesn't have to be a lonely time if you fill your time with other things ... Do you have friends you could go out with ?[/QUOTE]

Helen
Didn't like being single the first time round and at that time I worked full time and studied part time so there was much social interaction. Have a dog for company but it still is not the same. I am not meant to be on my own but I am aware of who is good for me and who isn't.

The fact is I have worked out that she is not right for me I now just need to work out what I am going to do about it and when.

I am not sure she is blatantly after my money. I just think that her expectations of Western men are clouded by her experiences. You have to remember that she has come from poverty I know that is not an excuse but it is a fact.

All my friends are married
Ash78 is offline   Reply With Quote