Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old 30th January 2014, 02:15 AM   #11
1aokgal

Re: I need help

Hi Froggy...

In the states the engagement rink is generally worn as a set of two rings, bought together. She gets the engagement ring to wear until the wedding. If she is expecting an engagement ring, for sure, don't buy a necklace! The rings often have a coupling to hold them together. In some lovely sets, the engagement ring with the bigger diamond has the matching wedding ring with a curving area that fits around the first ring. The engagement ring is a "promise", and a commitment to the future.

If the man breaks the engagement, legally she is entitled to keep the ring. If SHE breaks the engagement, she is obliged to return the ring, or (make good on the purchase price), so says the law. The engagement ring should be an investment that is sensible and not beyond means. There are payment plans to afford to buy nice ring and not a "cheap" one. In the military the PX stores on base sell really nice diamond rings with discounts to servicemen.

I have a beautiful ring with diamond baguettes my husband and I selected together which I have worn for 34 years. He joked years back that was the Volvo he wanted to buy and put instead some of the money in my ring. The engagement ring is a symbol for the future. It is good if the ring is selected together or meets her desired style. Then some prefer just gold wedding bands. Good luck on future.