Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old 10th February 2014, 05:44 AM   #14
chosen

Re: I need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aokgal View Post
I adore my little dog AND my luxery items. Diamonds last forever and nice rings often outlast the marriage. I remember 30 years ago I pawned my rings for needs. Years later, that never happened again. I remember and always appreciate beautiful items of value. When I am gone, these valuables go to my daughter and granddaughter. They can sell them or keep them.

Huskypup, enjoy your lovely things your husband gave you. I am a saver, who cuts corners and we buy little on credit, as we hate debt. We are debt free and work hard at making sensible decisions on how we live. Money problems bury many marriages. I did buy a fabulous diamond ring this year. We work hard and seldom take vacation time. I enjoy this ring every time I look at it. There were a lot of years scrimping along so we appreciate what we have today. If I had to choose between my sweet little dog OR the ring though...I'd take the dog every time.
I am not one for things though and never have been. I have no interest in luxury cars or jewellery or expensive items or expensive holidays, and my husband is the same, we are both very content with the simple things of life. Even if we suddenly got a fortune I still wouldn't buy jewellery or expensive cars or such things because they just don't interest me. To me a car is to get from A to B, and that's it. A ring to me is just a ring whether it costs £100 or £100,000. I cant tell the difference anyway. Just as I cant tell the difference between a £30 watch and a £1000 watch. After all they are only for telling the time, just as a car is for getting us somewhere, so I am not sure what the point is of spending a lot on them.

Things pass away and we cant take them with us when we die. However I love to give, so that's what I would do more of if I was very rich, especially to animal charities and friends and family or others I hear about who need help. I LOVE to buy things for people. People and animals are what matter to me. My son tells me I have the gift of giving, well I may have because I love to do it.
Its amazing actually how little you can very happily live on. I am very content to pay my bills and not be in debt. That to me is such a blessing. I could never justify living a luxury lifestyle with so many in need around me, even if it was what I desired.

I look at lottery winners and the way they buy enormous houses that are far far too large for their needs, and several cars(you cant drive more than one at a time!) and boats and other luxury things, and I think, why do you do that? I just don't get it, and may say years later that they were happier before, which goes to show that money cant buy happiness or contentment or peace or true joy.

Marriages that end because of financial problems were probably not strong ones. A strong marriage can survive far more than that.

Last edited by chosen; 10th February 2014 at 11:01 AM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote