View Single Post
Old 16th April 2014, 09:25 AM   #3
Raymond

Re: Alcohol breaking down my marriage.

You have opened a door that will is destroying you Kieran not just your marriage. It is obvious to you and us that you cannot afford to drink as you are. You have a big battle ahead of you. You need to get into the atmosphere of others around you fighting the same battle.

I have met people who have been delivered of this addiction through Christ but you can't use Christ you have to give Him your life to get the benefit of His help.

Look at this from Proverbs 23:29/35

Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaints? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who linger long at the wine. Those who go in search of mixed wine. Do not look on the wine when it is red. When it sparkles in the cup. When it swirls around smoothly: At the end it bites like a serpent and stings like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things and your heart will utter perverse things. Yes, you will be like the one who lies down in the midst of the sea or like the one who lies at the top of the mast, saying "They have struck me but I was not hurt; they have beaten me but I did not feel it. When shall I awake that I may seek another drink."

I hope this will motivate you to get the help you need.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote