View Single Post
Old 27th February 2013, 06:28 PM   #1
marcus99

i dont want u back. give me money to build.

my ex and i broke up 4 years ago. yes it is a long time. year 1 was missed opportunities due
to bitterness and stubbornness on both our parts. the next two years were based on the kids
with whoom i have a great relationship. about a year ago my ex and i started to get on well.
her attitude changed and i was allowed stay in the house weekends. no intimacy but it was
like being a unit again. we went on a holiday last summer. being with her and the kids and
noone else all that time away made me realise i absolutely wanted to give things a go. i spoke
to her when we got back. she said no but was emotional and wept so i read that as maybe some
hope. the past six months i tried everything to resolve things. and yes as the rejection
grew i became desperate and needy and the rejection turned to anger. she is now sure she does
not want me back. i believe this. she has no reason to lie. she knows she can have me and
does not need to play games even though she seemed to be trying to hurt me at times with
the things she said which were neither necessary or in some cases true.
anyway i am in the acceptance stage and have ended my desperate quest at least now
and maybe thats it.
she and my children live in rented accomadation. she has asked me to contribute to
building a house. she knows i can raise the money and i am not being asked the entire
amount. we were never married and she is entitled to no more than maintenance which she
gets. i dont want to be mean but i loath the idea contributing to build a house some random
step dad may raise my kids in. i am considering putting a similar sum instead in to an
education or savings account the kids can have. this however leaves them in rented accomadation
paying dead rent money. i also rekon should i assist with the house it ends any hope and possibly
it does should i not help and maybe there is none anyway.
i am so unsure and it it a big decision. all opinions positive and negative welcome.
please comment. any man any woman and you dont have to be on my side. i dont even know what is
the right thing to do. i love my kids. i remember what my ex was like with me in happier
times. i am bitter about this decision.