Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 6th February 2016, 12:49 AM   #1
Markus

Wife is taking advice from friends telling the half truths

My wife and I are separated at the moment , she wants a divorce , we had a break through tonight , but I could see the cogs turning , one of our problems is my wife's taking advice from friends and telling them half truths or only one side of the story , because my wife is always the victim and always right , so now she is scared to get together with me again because she looks stupid and weak, after telling everyone how bad I am.

I am unsure if I should throw in the towel over this character assassination (how can I look these people in the eye when I meet them knowing what they think of me ) or how I can resolve this , with this opportunity to keep us and daughter as a family unit.

Thanks for any replys
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2016, 07:49 AM   #2
Lindentree1

Re: Wife is taking advice from friends telling the half truths

Being a family unit is more important than what other people think. Would she agree to go to counseling with you? I think an unbiased counselor might help you both iron things out. If the love is there I wouldn't give up, especially since you have a child. You both have to want this to work, however.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2016, 02:03 PM   #3
chosen

This happened to my husband as his wife managed to get everyone on her 'side' by telling half truths and skewing the facts. Thankfully he has now been happily married to me for over 10 years so people have been able to see that most of what she said was nonsense and only said to justify the fact that she was divorcing him.

Take the chance to make it work, for your daughters sake if nothing else. You will need to deal with the things she has said, maybe some good marriage counselling will help, but to my mind you cant be that bad if she is agreeable to getting back together.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 08:18 PM   #4
Raymond

I agree. Don't throw in the towel. It's not about the other people. It's about you and her. Ask her to come to you alone to sort things out, not to other people. That is asking for trouble when it is about sorting yourmarriage out. If a counselor is needed then it can go further but he or she will be listening to both of you not just her, which is more conducive to getting a solution to the problems.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote