Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 11th August 2015, 07:33 PM   #1351
Lindentree1

Re: Yet another " I love you but I'm not in love with you" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
Hi LDT I'm more stumbling through life at the moment with a dodgy knee and a blood clot but thanks for your positive spin, I wish we could hash things out too as with you it needn't be like this, there is no obvious reasons for it, no affair, no infidelity, no form of abuse nothing, but right now there is absolutely nowt that either me or thee can do about it, so we are stuck with what we have been presented with and it is up to us what we do with it.

Also when did you last see WH ?, do you still miss him or rather do you miss the man he was ?, the reason I ask is because I miss what was but I don't miss the new her as I don't even know her now so you cant miss what you don't know if you get my drift ?.
Hi, Ralf. I haven't seen him since last winter. Yes, I still miss him. I wish I didn't. I am remembering the really kind man I married, but he changed. The person I married would not have treated me that way, but as he even told me--he is not the person I married. Even when his selfish moments came out later in the marriage, he still had so many good qualities. He worked for years at an animal shelter, etc.

Ah, well, Ralf. We have to get stronger, my friend. Look at NDY.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 07:57 PM   #1352
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindentree1 View Post
Hi, Ralf. I haven't seen him since last winter. Yes, I still miss him. I wish I didn't. I am remembering the really kind man I married, but he changed. The person I married would not have treated me that way, but as he even told me--he is not the person I married. Even when his selfish moments came out later in the marriage, he still had so many good qualities. He worked for years at an animal shelter, etc.

Ah, well, Ralf. We have to get stronger, my friend. Look at NDY.
Yes they both changed, and the girl I married and spent 19 years of my life with wouldn't of treated me this way, even to this day she still hasn't told me that she doesn't love me, yes our old pal NDY at face value is a bit of a one off, a salesman same as me, a lot of sales is a charade and painting a picture in other peoples heads, obviously I hope he's ok but being me and knowing what I know I think there is more to our Caledonian chum's posts than meet the eye, but don't forget he's made in Scotland from girders so much tougher and braver than me, ever heard Scotland the brave ?, where as I have my romantic Celtic side, but also my passionate Latin side, a strange combination of water and fire that creates a very different outlook on life, on the subject of which I was consumed with envy earlier, I was talking to an old pal of mine in Malta earlier and the company he works for is sending him to Genoa in La Bella Italia for 4 weeks working, I'm green with envy and he get's his weekends at home in Malta lucky blighter .
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 08:16 PM   #1353
Lindentree1

Quote:
Yes they both changed, and the girl I married and spent 19 years of my life with wouldn't of treated me this way, even to this day she still hasn't told me that she doesn't love me, yes our old pal NDY at face value is a bit of a one off, a salesman same as me, a lot of sales is a charade and painting a picture in other peoples heads, obviously I hope he's ok but being me and knowing what I know I think there is more to our Caledonian chum's posts than meet the eye, but don't forget he's made in Scotland from girders so much tougher and braver than me, ever heard Scotland the brave ?, where as I have my romantic Celtic side, but also my passionate Latin side, a strange combination of water and fire that creates a very different outlook on life, on the subject of which I was consumed with envy earlier, I was talking to an old pal of mine in Malta earlier and the company he works for is sending him to Genoa in La Bella Italia for 4 weeks working, I'm green with envy and he get's his weekends at home in Malta lucky blighter .
I'm sure NDY will still have hard days but I'm guessing he had a better weekend than we did.

As far as your friend goes, no need to be envious. You've seen a lot of beautiful places and you'll see more. This stuff is a temporary blip--I actually think when you're feeling better you should take a small trip somewhere.
Old 11th August 2015, 08:32 PM   #1354
ralfgarnett

Quote:
I'm sure NDY will still have hard days but I'm guessing he had a better weekend than we did.

As far as your friend goes, no need to be envious. You've seen a lot of beautiful places and you'll see more. This stuff is a temporary blip--I actually think when you're feeling better you should take a small trip somewhere.
Maybe I don't know about you but my weekend was nothing to write home about.

With regards travel I am back at my GP Monday to discuss the change in A-C meds for the rest of my life, blimey the rest of my life, my only other lifetime commitment was our marriage, but I will ask him about flying, I think I should be ok because I am safe on the meds and I am being fitted for my DVT socks too so hopefully doubly safe.

But we will see, my wee F-F was talking about her need to get a break yesterday when I saw her, she will be coming down in the morning so will see what she thinks then maybe, I just don't want to put any pressure on her as she has been through the mill herself, but she knows she is safe with me.

But het LDT check this out, this was a right of passage for a Northern Mod in the late 70's early / mid 80's, I still love it to this day just not as good as I used to be for obvious reasons, shame because this does make you feel good and I know how much you like learning about new things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQlMr-h5jc

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 11th August 2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11th August 2015, 08:40 PM   #1355
notDoneYet

Had to come back and say....

Ralf. My weekend was awesome.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 08:45 PM   #1356
ralfgarnett

Do tell dear boy do tell I'm chuffed for you, you won't of done anything I haven't ever done so you won't shock me.
Old 11th August 2015, 08:46 PM   #1357
notDoneYet

Let's just say it was a turning point. A really big one.
Old 11th August 2015, 08:53 PM   #1358
ralfgarnett

I know exactly what you mean because that is exactly what has been on my mind too, that will be the line that will mark the end of the beginning of this journey, I have had a couple of opportunities myself but knocked them back, next time no chance, it's not that I need to but I think I am reaching the point that I want to, it will be the closing chapter for me.
Old 11th August 2015, 08:57 PM   #1359
notDoneYet

Me too dude, me too.
Old 11th August 2015, 09:00 PM   #1360
ralfgarnett

Aye well as ever we understand each other mate. I just hope you kept your socks on .
Old 11th August 2015, 09:00 PM   #1361
chosen

Quote:
nothing to stop you going there for a while once you are recovered.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 09:03 PM   #1362
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
nothing to stop you going there for a while once you are recovered.
Not ready yet, I cant go there just yet, I have been thinking of other places such as Albania or Macedonia.
Old 11th August 2015, 09:05 PM   #1363
Lindentree1

Quote:
Aye well as ever we understand each other mate. I just hope you kept your socks on .
How many socks would he need? Ha..ha...
Old 11th August 2015, 09:07 PM   #1364
Lindentree1

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDoneYet View Post
Had to come back and say....

Ralf. My weekend was awesome.
This made me laugh.

You need to stick around and give updates. You're showing there is hope for the rest of us.
Old 11th August 2015, 09:08 PM   #1365
ralfgarnett

Quote:
How many socks would he need? Ha..ha...
After 12 months a barbers shop full , something for the weekend sir ?.