Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 12th February 2005, 12:06 PM   #1
kamiah

help

Thank you for being there,
I don't know where to begin, it is all so complicated. But to make it short, I have been married 12 years,(second marriage). About 7 yrs. ago I had a inkling that my husband (Mike) was a control freak. But I guess I just kept thinking he would see the errors of his ways He does not physically abuse me, in fact, he often tell me he wants me to be all that I can be, but everything that I have done he has been derisive about. More about all those this in another message.
Anyway I am lost. I started drinking again about 3 years ago, very bad for me, as I am an alcoholic. Tried to stop but my doctor will not help, he insists I get my drinking down to 4 drinks a day for 2 weeks, before he will help me. When I get it down to 4 I get terrible tics in my face and am very afraid of DT's or convusions. Asked my husband to call him and tell him I am trying and can only get it down to 6 drinks a day.....but he hasn't and wont. Please, please someone help me!!!!!!
Patti
Old 12th February 2005, 10:33 PM   #2
Liz

Re: help

Dear Kamiah,

Hang on in there. Have you tried to find an Alcoholics Anonymous group nearby? You may also find this article helpful.

I can imagine it must be very frightening when the withdrawal symptoms settle in. Have you been able to tell your husband of your fears? Is there anyone you cna share this with?

Could it be that the doctor has asked you to take steps to reduce your intake because he knows that there is little that will help you until you are determined to fight the addiction yourself? That is not to say that you would not benefit from support. If your husband is not giving you that, perhaps AA can help. You might also consider counselling not only to help you with the drinking but also to help you to stand up to the controlling that is coming through your husband.

You are infinitely precious in God's eyes whatever others have said and done to you over the years. When all else is tough we can find hope in Jesus. I pray that you will find this hope as a life line through the difficulties in life and into a future of hope.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote