Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 20th February 2016, 12:40 PM   #1
Robert

Question Friendly or flirting

Hello, I have a fiancé who says that her actions, mainly toward other men are just her being friendly. When we are walking through a department store or practically any time we are around other people, I've noticed that she makes eye contact with other men, young and old, and if her eye contact is returned, she smiles and either nods or some other body language to acknowledge the contact. I've ask her about this and she explains it as just being friendly. I feel it's more than that.I would like other people's opinion about this.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 11:37 PM   #2
chosen

Re: Friendly or flirting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Hello, I have a fiancé who says that her actions, mainly toward other men are just her being friendly. When we are walking through a department store or practically any time we are around other people, I've noticed that she makes eye contact with other men, young and old, and if her eye contact is returned, she smiles and either nods or some other body language to acknowledge the contact. I've ask her about this and she explains it as just being friendly. I feel it's more than that.I would like other people's opinion about this.
Does she act the same way with the women she meets?Does she look at them and smile at them?What do mean by some other body language?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 11:45 AM   #3
Raymond

I would say she is feeding off admiration perhaps and fishing for it. To the other men it would seem like she was flirting. A bit inappropriate I would say. I would find the right time to put in a word and not get married until there is an understanding about her naive behaviour.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 03:51 AM   #4
Eunice Pierson

Friendly from her point of view but flirting from the point of view of those men she's having eye contact with.
Old 20th July 2016, 04:22 PM   #5
Liam

Robert:

My brother had a wife like this. Everyone in the family noticed that she was always making eye contact with strange men and smiling at them. It was as if she needed constant validation of her attractiveness to other men.

This flirting issue did cause problems for my brother in many ways.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 08:34 AM   #6
shaybib

if it bothers you then you should talk about it with her. it doesn't really matter if this is just friendliness if it bothers you she should make an effort to stop or change the way she behaves.
Old 12th October 2016, 06:16 AM   #7
Hilary

I know this is now going back a long way in time, but good grief. Are you saying you don't make eye contact and smile with people as you go past them? I make a point of it as making eye contact in our society is the major way of staying connected with others. The issue is if she only makes contact with men and never with women. If its only with men there may be a problem, especially if she is making eye contact with young Muslim men who may well take eye contact as an invitation to more than she intends. Just being friendly is OK if its with a range of people in a cultural setting who understand her intent.

If she makes eye contact with all sorts of people she may just make their day. Smiling and acknowledgeing someone who is very lonely can lift their spirits and it is lovely watching their faces turn from ugly and miserable to one of beauty.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 02:39 PM   #8
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I know this is now going back a long way in time, but good grief. Are you saying you don't make eye contact and smile with people as you go past them? I make a point of it as making eye contact in our society is the major way of staying connected with others. The issue is if she only makes contact with men and never with women. If its only with men there may be a problem, especially if she is making eye contact with young Muslim men who may well take eye contact as an invitation to more than she intends. Just being friendly is OK if its with a range of people in a cultural setting who understand her intent.

If she makes eye contact with all sorts of people she may just make their day. Smiling and acknowledgeing someone who is very lonely can lift their spirits and it is lovely watching their faces turn from ugly and miserable to one of beauty.
There is a difference between looking at someone while you talk and flirting.
Old 17th December 2016, 11:27 AM   #9
Raymond

You are right Chosen. We all know the difference or should do. It's the look on their face which is the red light.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 10:42 PM   #10
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
You are right Chosen. We all know the difference or should do. It's the look on their face which is the red light.
Yes, and body language.
Old 29th August 2017, 01:04 PM   #11
Hanna

wh*re?) or no?)))
Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:08 AM   #12
blendflush

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Yes, and body language.

Precisely, actions are more obvious than words.
blendflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 07:25 PM   #13
danielcood

In my vision friendly
danielcood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None