Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Chapel > Prayers needed

Old 27th March 2009, 09:23 AM   #16
Raymond

Re: Prayer request - job for husband

We are praying Brotan. Has He not said I am an ever present help in time of need. You are doing a tremendous thing even heroic I would say. The trick is to go and not look back. If God is in it which He seems to be then He has a plan for you and there is no better place to be than in His plan. Remember that as well as been a married person you are also an individual person in christ and He has promised that He will never leave us nor forsake us. Therefore you can be sure of His help and presence every single day.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 08:05 PM   #17
jahdog

God has a lot on his plate.
Old 27th March 2009, 09:07 PM   #18
Raymond

Hes big enough for it. Don't worry about it.

Raymond
Old 27th March 2009, 09:19 PM   #19
jahdog

yes He is. big job.
Old 27th March 2009, 09:51 PM   #20
Brotan

He's done bigger before - hey He created the universe after all. Luckily for us I don't think God gets bogged down with what we ask Him.

Its pretty amazing that after creating the universe He decided that one little person was worthy of His attention. I know He's up for the challenge, just hope we are too.
Old 28th March 2009, 09:20 AM   #21
Raymond

A lot of truth there. We do our bit and He will do His bit. Passivity is not an option but neither is relying on our own strength without Him.

Raymond
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:29 AM   #22
Brotan

I am now taking a holiday with my sister and my husband and I will be back together on 8 April. Please could you continue to hold us in your prayers as we start to discuss the more sensitive issues in our marriage and make decisions as to where to go now.

We are in a rather precarious financial position right now too with neither of us having a job right now and with a little girl to look after this has us both stressed. Please pray that we will lean on God to supply our needs as far as jobs, finances, communication and so on go and that we will continue to trust him no matter how hard it gets.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:18 AM   #23
Raymond

We shall be praying especially about the sensitive issues. Timing is important in these things. Use the opportunities when they come as they will.

To quote "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication (requests for help) with thansgiving let your requests be made know to God: and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" Phil 4:6/7

Raymond
Old 6th April 2009, 08:21 PM   #24
Brotan

Just wanted to say thank you for the prayers so far. When we first began to think about getting back together I was so nervous and anxious that I spent days feeling nauseous and sick from anxiety. In two days we will start our new life together and while I am still concerned about many things mostly it is how I will cope at being the best person I can be. I no longer feel so anxious and in some ways am looking forward to the challenge.

Thanks for the verse - I am trying hard to remember it everyday. Our counselling will be winding down soon and there is still a lot to cover. Please could you continue to hold us in your prayers - my sister commented the other day that she knows someone has been praying for us considering how far things have come now so it is showing - thanks again.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:30 AM   #25
Raymond

He never fails Brotan and is faithful. We may fail and be faithless but He remains faithful. He will not let you down as you put your trust in Him.

I trust God will bless you in your marriage as that is His will, but you have your own seperate walk with Him as well whatever anyone else does. I know you will purpose to do your part well as that is all you can do. Remember you felt God lead you back in to this so He surely has a plan for you in it.

Raymond
Old 13th April 2009, 07:28 PM   #26
Brotan

Six days back together now. Please continue to pray for us - things are coming up that are hurting a lot and they are not things I want to discuss on here as I do not think it will help our marriage.

Please could you pray that as we head into conflict we will know how to react in love and with respect to each other.
Old 14th April 2009, 08:21 AM   #27
Raymond

We will pray Brotan but I have to ask why are you are heading into conflict? That is what you want to keep away from surely? It is another thing to sort things out but that needn't be conflict. Obviously there are things from the past to be sorted out but you need to avoid conflict if possible as that can be destructive. It comes to mind that each has to say their piece and the other listen. Conflict is where you are both shouting at each other and no one listening. We had a cushion idea. When one has the cushion they do the talking and the other listens. Then they pass the cushion over and they listen.

We will pray that you find the right road.

Raymond
Old 14th April 2009, 08:59 AM   #28
Brotan

Maybe then it is not conflict - I use the word conflict to describe a difference in opinion and also when we have difficult things that need discussing. To avoid conflict I have not been bringing up these issues but they still need to be discussed if we are going to move forward so that is probably what I mean
Old 14th April 2009, 01:07 PM   #29
Raymond

I see what you mean. It is difficult when you both have different opinions on some things but that is normal. All you can do is voice your opinion and leave it to him. As a man he will be listening to your opinion and getting input to help him make decisions.

If there are hurts from the past that are still hurting I hope you will both be able to resolve these so that you can move forward. You have to move according to his strength I would say, so you may need patience to do a little at a time depending on his response. It will be very healthy if apologies and forgiveness is forthcoming so that you can move forward as one.

God will be helping you by His spirit as you both look to him. He is very concerned about marriages and oneness and you need to obey His promptings when He shows you.

I will be praying that you both walk forward on the road He has for you in your marriage. I know you can do it if you both work on it. Marriage can be wonderful Brotan. It really can.

Raymond
Old 9th May 2009, 11:27 AM   #30
Brotan

We have been back together now a little over a month and the last week has been exceptionally difficult. I know I am getting depressed (proper depression not just feeling down) - it is not my husbands fault but he seems to think it is and feels like he cannot do anything to help me - he says it is soul destroying when he cannot make me happy. I do not know why I am depressed - I could blame any number of things, but truth is, its probably just hormonal.

It is affecting our marriage terribly. Please could you pray that God will help us - help me to get the help I need, help my husband to realise its not his fault and help me to be in better control of my emotions so that I do not keep hurting him. Please also pray that God will help us to forgive each other and ourselves for the things we have done in the last week that have weakened our marriage.

Thanks.

Tags
complicated, daughter, job, separated