Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th May 2006, 07:17 PM   #1
brandy24

Angry My husband had an affair and got another woman pregnant?

My husband and I have been married for 6 years. We have had a few minor problems dealing with trust issues. He swears up and down that I cheated on him early in our relationship. But I didn't. During the beginning of our relationship he was very abusive, verbally, physically and mentally. I tried to leave him before we got married and I just couldn't. Thru the years I have cheated on him 2 times. One, I came clean about recently and 1 I don't know if I can ever tell. My husband has changed allot over the years. I suspect that he cheated on me with several different women. We met in the military, after we decided to have a child; we decided I should get out and start a career in the civilian world. I did. I moved across country to where he was and started school. During my time at school we spent allot of time apart. I didn't really know what was going on with his job and he didn't really know what was going on with my school. I was very focused on school. Which meant, he had to step it up a notch and take care of the kids for me to work and go to school? He say's during that time in our marriage I left him. And I stopped loving him. I didn't, I was just focused on getting school finished so I could get a good job and help support our family. Its been three years since then, I have now found a very good job and I am happy. My husband who is still in the military has made new friends and has a whole separate work life that I don't know much about. It’s like he doesn't want to include me in his work life or activities. He also doesn't wear a wedding band. So I don't even know if anyone knows he's married. They don't ever see me and I'm sure he doesn't talk about me. The reason for this message is what is going on now. My husband over the years is constantly accusing me of having affairs that have not happened. He makes up things in his mind and tries to pass them off as if they actually happened. I know I didn't do the things he is constantly accusing me of. He had a 6 month deployment to Cuba this past year. I just found out that while he was there he had an affair with a woman and she is now pregnant. He told this woman he loved her, and we were separated to get her to date him. I found out because she called me at work to let me know. Its been about 7 days since I found out. He acts as if he has no remorse for what he has done. He kept this a secret from me for over 13 months. He was sending this woman money for the unborn baby and to keep her quiet. This woman and I have spoken on several occasions. She was told we were not together and he loved her. She sent me emails he they sent back and forth and everything she says is confirmed. He lied to her and to me. She told me he asked her to have his baby and they tried and it happened. Now all of a sudden he wants to deny the baby who was born about 2.5 weeks ago. I am so hurt. Then he says it's my fault because I lied to him about things I have done in the past. (Which i haven't). That's when I came clean and told him about 1 of the encounters I had early in our marriage. Since, all this is out I am so confused. I myself am 8.5 months pregnant. He asked me to have another baby knowing what he had going on with this other woman behind my back. He had her believing that he was leaving me and he was going to be with her. Now he doesn't even want to talk to her. He's told me to my face that he will keep on doing what he's doing because I can't be honest with him. But there is nothing to be honest about, its all speculations in this head. I have told him, If he doesn't want to be with me, then please leave. But he won't. Also, recently before I found out about this overseas affair, he started getting text messages on his cell phone from strange numbers with sexy messages. So he is cheating around where he works as well. And he denies all that too. He is leaving for another 6 month deployment in about 1 month. I want my marriage to work, but is it too late?? We have a son together and his oldest daughter from a previous relationship has been living with us for over 4 years. So its complicated. I feel like I deserve better that he has given me. My husband is adopted and its almost like he's using and abusing woman because he is angry at what happened to him. I don't know which way to turn. The hardest part of all this is that I am pregnant and still very much in love with my husband. What should I do. This other woman has no respect for me or my family. She thinks she can pick up the phone and call me when ever she likes. I hate her for that. What do I do????? Please Help.