Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 5th June 2017, 07:34 PM   #1
Simon501855

Sexless relationship

Please help ! I have just ended a relationship of nearly 4 years , the first 6 months were great then like a switch my girlfriend said her body was changing and almost instantly out sex life nosedived . Over the last 2 years we had sex 3 times , and never any other type of sexual activity . Including kissing . She said that she had been getting water infections , so just didn't want to take the risk . When I tried to get her interested in mutual masturbation , or massages or any other kinds of intimacy she just point blank refused . That went on for over 2 years and in the end after feeling like utter **** for all of that time i said we needed to see a counsellor or I would leave , well she didn't want to see a counsellor so I left . That was 4 months ago , and she has messaged me several times saying she loves me and misses me , god im confused , so confused . How can a girl love her man but not want to be intimate for so long ? I hated walking away , I know I hurt her but I just didn't know what to don. I'm 48 and she is 45 . Please can anybody give me advice on how to come to terms with this .
Simon501855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 09:32 AM   #2
chosen

Re: Sexless relationship

If the relationship is over then it's far better for you if you cut off all contact and ask her not to ever contact you again. It's not good for you or her if she carries on contacting you and begging you. If she isn't prepared to get help for these issues then not sure what else you can do?
If she cared as much as she said then surely she would agree to get counseling and to get medical help? She has done neither, nor has she promised to.

You are not married so you don't have that commitment, and while you say you don't like hurting her, she has caused this by the way she had acted for the last 3 years.

Cut off contact and move on, unless you want to live that way for the next 40 years.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2021, 11:08 AM   #3
peter991

Re: Sexless relationship

In such a situation, it is best to stop communicating completely
peter991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None