Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 25th August 2008, 01:20 PM   #1
Ginger God

Three Years Ago..

I arrived here and posted a thread called..Should I End It....

My wife had cheated again for the umpteenth time and I sought views as to whether I should go or not..general concensus was that I should, which deep down I knew I would always do.
So I thought I would pipe up to let you know what things feel like three years down the line.
Now if anyone had told me at the back end of 2005 that I would feel this happy I would have had them sectioned.
I have my own house, own car, am relatively solvent and live with my kids half the week..I cant ask for any more. Yes I have been financially lucky and there are lots who would have stayed because money unfortunately is a factor nowadays, it is not cheap to divorce.
The main thing is my kids are absolutely fine..telling them was horrific, no bones about it, but they know that life with their Dad is good..but they have to put up with the other guy living with them, which unfortunately was out of their hands.
The only problem....well being single in your 40,s has its advantages..have met lots of girls and made some really good friends, but its so difficult to meet the right one. Perhaps we hold back a wee bit now and perhaps we get used to our own space..
Have no intention of getting married again but I do think that marriage break up does affect how we perceive future relationships.....Im just a normal bloke not seeking the earth..but I think now Im fussier than I have ever been.

So if you are in a position where you dont know what to do after your partner has cheated..there is only one answer..get out..or be faced with looking over your shoulder the rest of your marriage..I can assure you..life does get better.

Ginger God.
Ginger God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:08 AM   #2
spiderman

Re: Three Years Ago..

Thanks for that GG it gives a perspective of life after splitting!
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote