Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 13th April 2014, 09:00 AM   #16
Raymond

Re: Marriage Nuggets

Why should love end? Personally I am committed to love my wife. Why should I be at the mercy of feelings.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 10:23 PM   #17
chosen

[QUOTE=Raymond;78707]Why should love end? Personally I am committed to love my wife. Why should I be at the mercy of feelings.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree. There are so many different sorts of love anyway, and just because that 'in love' feeling may end, there can still be that close friendship/companionship type of love still there.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 08:14 PM   #18
edgya1234

Unhappy Re: Marriage Nuggets

[QUOTE=Raymond;78707]Why should love end? Personally I am committed to love my wife. Why should I be at the mercy of feelings.[/QUOTE]

Because sometimes it does Commitment has nothing to do with it As one fall in love one can fall out of love, unfortunately
Old 14th April 2014, 08:19 PM   #19
edgya1234

[QUOTE=chosen;78712]Yes I agree. There are so many different sorts of love anyway, and just because that 'in love' feeling may end, there can still be that close friendship/companionship type of love still there.[/QUOTE]

There are so many sorts of love but we all want to feel that epic love that makes us feel alive. We have just one life...and I want to spend it walking on clouds
Old 14th April 2014, 11:00 PM   #20
chosen

[QUOTE=edgya1234;78721]Because sometimes it does Commitment has nothing to do with it As one fall in love one can fall out of love, unfortunately[/QUOTE]

Commitment has everything do to with it. Marriage is for better and for worse for life. That initial first love will always change and develop and the first 'heady' love isnt meant to last.

Last edited by chosen; 14th April 2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 14th April 2014, 11:07 PM   #21
chosen

[QUOTE=edgya1234;78722]There are so many sorts of love but we all want to feel that epic love that makes us feel alive. We have just one life...and I want to spend it walking on clouds[/QUOTE]

Then you will always be disappointed, and I can now sort of see why your marriage is in trouble.
Marriage isnt all about that heady 'romantic' love, but deep love and commitment and faithfulness and trust. Companionship and friendship and being supportive and caring no matter what happens. If you are seeking only that initial first rush of love/lust/attraction, then you may well end up seeking one man after another to get it. You will need far more than that to stay the distance with one man for the rest of your life, though the good and the bad, children, mortgages, paying bills, debts, illnesses and worries. For better and for worse. You will need character, strength, patience commitment, honesty, integrity, faithfulness, unselfishness and many more.
Old 15th April 2014, 12:09 AM   #22
edgya1234

Unhappy Re: Marriage Nuggets

[QUOTE=chosen;78726]Then you will always be disappointed, and I can now sort of see why your marriage is in trouble.
Marriage isnt all about that heady 'romantic' love, but deep love and commitment and faithfulness and trust. Companionship and friendship and being supportive and caring no matter what happens. If you are seeking only that initial first rush of love/lust/attraction, then you may well end up seeking one man after another to get it. You will need far more than that to stay the distance with one man for the rest of your life, though the good and the bad, children, mortgages, paying bills, debts, illnesses and worries. For better and for worse. You will need character, strength, patience commitment, honesty, integrity, faithfulness, unselfishness and many more.[/QUOTE]

I have all that too. Maybe I expressed myself wrong. I did all the above things you mentioned, my husband too. We had a pit stop
However love do ends, otherwise nobody will divorce for falling in love with another woman
Old 15th April 2014, 12:19 AM   #23
edgya1234

[QUOTE=chosen;78726]Then you will always be disappointed, and I can now sort of see why your marriage is in trouble.
Marriage isnt all about that heady 'romantic' love, but deep love and commitment and faithfulness and trust. Companionship and friendship and being supportive and caring no matter what happens. If you are seeking only that initial first rush of love/lust/attraction, then you may well end up seeking one man after another to get it. You will need far more than that to stay the distance with one man for the rest of your life, though the good and the bad, children, mortgages, paying bills, debts, illnesses and worries. For better and for worse. You will need character, strength, patience commitment, honesty, integrity, faithfulness, unselfishness and many more.[/QUOTE]

Please don't bring my marriage into this. I am already suffering and although you have good intention any comment that hints I am to blame ( because I know I have half the blame) hurts.
We were here for each other for better and for worse and I ruin it because I am sick and twisted and I was so hurt by my parents as a child so I can't realize what I needed from him. We are all here because we have problems, not because of too much happiness
Old 15th April 2014, 06:42 PM   #24
chosen

[QUOTE=edgya1234;78728]I have all that too. Maybe I expressed myself wrong. I did all the above things you mentioned, my husband too. We had a pit stop
However love do ends, otherwise nobody will divorce for falling in love with another woman[/QUOTE]

So we can end a marriage just because we may not have that 'in love' feeling any more? OR are we free to meet and have an affair with another person?
Old 27th May 2014, 09:22 PM   #25
LibraLady

Raymond, you are on point with your marriage nuggets, thank you

Tags
None