Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Advice > Marriage Help

Old 25th June 2015, 12:37 PM   #1501
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDoneYet View Post
Ok, so why not try this then. Draft your script and put it up here for us to have a look at?
Hello mate, i'll have to think about that because there may be some quite personal stuff in what I have to say however I might PM you instead lets wait and see, but I'm not doing anything yet until she gives me the heads up as she may well knock me back I really have no idea where her head is at currently, she seems to be changing from being quite cold and off-putting to being compassionate, thoughtful, and kind, this is one of the reasons I need to see her in person in order to try to suss her out, she is also having distressing episodes apparently but she hasn't expanded on those as yet I suspect she means that she is still having the panic attacks at times, she needs help but I bet she hasn't sought any, anyway if I hear something I will post in here and we can take it from there, thanks mate I really appreciate your offer of help you are a good cyber pal to me.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 01:16 PM   #1502
notDoneYet

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfgarnett View Post
Hello mate, i'll have to think about that because there may be some quite personal stuff in what I have to say however I might PM you instead lets wait and see, but I'm not doing anything yet until she gives me the heads up as she may well knock me back I really have no idea where her head is at currently, she seems to be changing from being quite cold and off-putting to being compassionate, thoughtful, and kind, this is one of the reasons I need to see her in person in order to try to suss her out, she is also having distressing episodes apparently but she hasn't expanded on those as yet I suspect she means that she is still having the panic attacks at times, she needs help but I bet she hasn't sought any, anyway if I hear something I will post in here and we can take it from there, thanks mate I really appreciate your offer of help you are a good cyber pal to me.
Yea mate, I'll try. Not that my track record is any good though.
notDoneYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 01:59 PM   #1503
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Yea mate, I'll try. Not that my track record is any good though.
No mate your wrong, not only are you holding the wrong end of the stick, your actually holding the wrong end of the wrong stick, how long have you been with your wife 20 years is it ?, that's a success story for 20 years you successfully maintained a relationship, I was 19 years, LDT 15 years, you 20 years, 19 + 15 + 20 = 54 years between us that we sustained our relationships with our partners, if they are stupid enough to want out for no reason then that's their bloody stupid problem, it's not our faults, we did nothing wrong, we didn't fail they did they are failures we are successful we made it work, your wife must be mad to leave you, LDT's husband the same, all 3 of our partners are idiots to leave us after all we have done for them, and ronnocco's wife what a nice bloke he is, nuts to them all I say let them all sod off.

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 25th June 2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 26th June 2015, 09:41 AM   #1504
ralfgarnett

Well silence is golden, I have had no reply so either she hasn't read it or she is ignoring me, my money is on the latter, oh well sod this I'm not flogging a dead horse indefinitely I'm going to start slowly withdrawing myself from this situation, as our good friend ronnocco has eluded to I am going to make myself ill so we are fast approaching the time where I completely drop the rope and concentrate solely on me and my life, oh well at least I've got haggis and tatties for lunch.

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 26th June 2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 26th June 2015, 02:10 PM   #1505
notDoneYet

Quote:
Well silence is golden, I have had no reply so either she hasn't read it or she is ignoring me, my money is on the latter, oh well sod this I'm not flogging a dead horse indefinitely I'm going to start slowly withdrawing myself from this situation, as our good friend ronnocco has eluded to I am going to make myself ill so we are fast approaching the time where I completely drop the rope and concentrate solely on me and my life, oh well at least I've got haggis and tatties for lunch.
^^You should be doing this regardless of the outcome with your W. Good luck mate.
Old 26th June 2015, 02:17 PM   #1506
ralfgarnett

Quote:
^^You should be doing this regardless of the outcome with your W. Good luck mate.
Hi mate, the haggis is the best bit it's simmering as I type, I can't wait I'm flaming Hank Marvin.
Old 26th June 2015, 02:43 PM   #1507
notDoneYet

Quote:
Hi mate, the haggis is the best bit it's simmering as I type, I can't wait I'm flaming Hank Marvin.
Enjoy. Nice to hear you have a bit of an appetite. That's a good sign.
Old 26th June 2015, 03:04 PM   #1508
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Enjoy. Nice to hear you have a bit of an appetite. That's a good sign.
I forced myself, but it was a crackingly good haggis grommit, I finished the lot, nice and warm with white pepper, I love things like haggis they are so normal, so simple, and so tasty, I don't understand fussy eaters, yes it's the lambs pluck of heart, liver, kidneys, lungs etc but so what it's all good stuff, rather a nice haggis than a crappy mcdonalds or BK, at least you know what your getting, feeling stuffed now that was the most I have scoffed in weeks.
Old 26th June 2015, 03:27 PM   #1509
Lindentree1

Quote:
I forced myself, but it was a crackingly good haggis grommit, I finished the lot, nice and warm with white pepper, I love things like haggis they are so normal, so simple, and so tasty, I don't understand fussy eaters, yes it's the lambs pluck of heart, liver, kidneys, lungs etc but so what it's all good stuff, rather a nice haggis than a crappy mcdonalds or BK, at least you know what your getting, feeling stuffed now that was the most I have scoffed in weeks.
I'm going to have kettle cooked potato chips later while I pack and try not to panic.

My cable/internet company has been driving me crazy. For some reason they're having trouble putting the order in to transfer services to my new apartment. I was on the phone for literally a few hours yesterday, and it's still not resolved. I want to bang my head against the wall...

I have a feeling I'm going to be without service for a little bit.
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 04:17 PM   #1510
ralfgarnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindentree1 View Post
I'm going to have kettle cooked potato chips later while I pack and try not to panic.

My cable/internet company has been driving me crazy. For some reason they're having trouble putting the order in to transfer services to my new apartment. I was on the phone for literally a few hours yesterday, and it's still not resolved. I want to bang my head against the wall...

I have a feeling I'm going to be without service for a little bit.
Well keep in touch the best you can we worry about you, out if interest have you ever tried haggis ?, I know I have seen Bourdain trying it and loving it but have also seen Guy Fieri run away from it, but it truly is a classic Scottish dish and tastes fabulous, as Burns said " it is the chieftan of the pudding race" no truer words have been wriiten, I just wish I could of kept it all in, had a dodgy incident since I snaffled all my haggis.
Old 26th June 2015, 04:49 PM   #1511
notDoneYet

Quote:
Well keep in touch the best you can we worry about you, out if interest have you ever tried haggis ?, I know I have seen Bourdain trying it and loving it but have also seen Guy Fieri run away from it, but it truly is a classic Scottish dish and tastes fabulous, as Burns said " it is the chieftan of the pudding race" no truer words have been wriiten, I just wish I could of kept it all in, had a dodgy incident since I snaffled all my haggis.
Haggis is banned in the US believe it or not.
Old 26th June 2015, 05:15 PM   #1512
Lindentree1

Quote:
Haggis is banned in the US believe it or not.
I didn't know that. I've never had haggis. Sounds like you really liked it though, Ralf.

Couldn't I make my own haggis at home, though? I found some recipes from Alton Brown.

Do you like haggis, NDY? I know it's a Scottish dish, but I don't like every dish here. I don't want to make assumptions.
Old 26th June 2015, 06:04 PM   #1513
notDoneYet

Quote:
I didn't know that. I've never had haggis. Sounds like you really liked it though, Ralf.

Couldn't I make my own haggis at home, though? I found some recipes from Alton Brown.

Do you like haggis, NDY? I know it's a Scottish dish, but I don't like every dish here. I don't want to make assumptions.
Can't stand the bloody stuff. It is, as we say here in Glasgow, minging.
Old 26th June 2015, 06:58 PM   #1514
Lindentree1

Quote:
Can't stand the bloody stuff. It is, as we say here in Glasgow, minging.
After looking at what you put in haggis, I don't think I can eat it, either. I am squeamish. I wonder if Chosen likes haggis? You might be alone in this, Ralf.
Old 27th June 2015, 10:50 AM   #1515
ralfgarnett

Quote:
After looking at what you put in haggis, I don't think I can eat it, either. I am squeamish. I wonder if Chosen likes haggis? You might be alone in this, Ralf.
Yeh it's absolutely lovely, but I love offal of any kind, liver, kidneys, heart you name it I love it, I love black pudding and white pudding even had pig intestines in France & Malta, the only thing I truly don't like is tripe, had it in Malta, Italy, & France and while the sauces are lovely the texture of the tripe makes me gag, I think the oddest thing I ever ate was jellyfish in a Sicilian restaurant in Sliema I just couldn't see the point of it, it wasn't horrible and neither was it nice, it just was, luckily we weren't paying for it as I had done some publicity work for a large PLC in Malta and when they found out we were on the Island they insisted on taking us out for dinner, the rest of the food and wine was great though, it was expensive I'm glad we didn't pick up the tab for that.

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 27th June 2015 at 02:09 PM.