Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 25th May 2014, 04:26 AM   #1
empressivory

Confused and in love

My life is very confusing right now...need some help...some guidance...

My husband and I have been together for 7 years. Married for 3.

He doesnt work or make any money. He claims he in online doing something but nothing every manifests from it. The best he does do is that he takes care of my son most of the time...mostly because I am working my ass off trying to make ends meet.

As much as this hurts my feelings, and makes me angry, and resentful...I still love him immensely. That is the confusing and strange part....I guess.

I told him that we have to separate because I can no longer go on living this way. I never signed up to take care of him...its not my style. He says he wants to take care of me but nothing has manifested yet. I have been waiting for 5 years now. I think I have given him enough time. I feel really sad and disappointed and worst we are so compatible in other areas. We are truly best friends...which is why I have dealt with this soo long.

Any advice?
empressivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 09:53 AM   #2
Raymond

Re: Confused and in love

Is he online for business ES? Trying to make money? What reason does he give? Obviously he should be trying to get a job so something is wrong. What is he trained to do? Does he have bad experience of work?

The plusses are you get on together. How old is the son he is looking after?

He could be under some illusion regarding business. It is a male weakness in a few. My own father (estranged) thought he could be a millionaire through a number system he used with dog racing. This went on as long as I can remember and he dies in relative poverty even though he had a good brain that a lot envied. He thought it was a mugs game working for employers but never achieved anything to put in it's place. Sadly our welfare system enables that to happen.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 01:05 PM   #3
chosen

Re: Confused and in love

He needs to get on line and start applying for real jobs. If he refuses then I think you will need to make it clear that this isnt going to carry on.
I am assuming that the child is very small, so looking after him all day will be quite hard work and if he works outside the home then then you will have to do that, are you ok with that?
I am assuming that this has been the case for all the time you have known him, so why did you marry him knowing that?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no job, separating