Site Areas
Wedding Centre
Health Club
Marriage Clinic
Chapel
University
Citizen's Centre
Coffee Shop
Admin Centre

Contents
Articles
Books
CDs / Videos
Tips
Services

Resources
Forums
Membership
Contact Us
Site map
Link to Us

Search

Take the Couple Check-up!

Marriage Week UK

Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet


Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 20th February 2016, 12:40 PM   #1
Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Question Friendly or flirting

Hello, I have a fiancé who says that her actions, mainly toward other men are just her being friendly. When we are walking through a department store or practically any time we are around other people, I've noticed that she makes eye contact with other men, young and old, and if her eye contact is returned, she smiles and either nods or some other body language to acknowledge the contact. I've ask her about this and she explains it as just being friendly. I feel it's more than that.I would like other people's opinion about this.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 11:37 PM   #2
chosen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,794
Re: Friendly or flirting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Hello, I have a fiancé who says that her actions, mainly toward other men are just her being friendly. When we are walking through a department store or practically any time we are around other people, I've noticed that she makes eye contact with other men, young and old, and if her eye contact is returned, she smiles and either nods or some other body language to acknowledge the contact. I've ask her about this and she explains it as just being friendly. I feel it's more than that.I would like other people's opinion about this.
Does she act the same way with the women she meets?Does she look at them and smile at them?What do mean by some other body language?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 11:45 AM   #3
Raymond
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,409
Re: Friendly or flirting

I would say she is feeding off admiration perhaps and fishing for it. To the other men it would seem like she was flirting. A bit inappropriate I would say. I would find the right time to put in a word and not get married until there is an understanding about her naive behaviour.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 03:51 AM   #4
Eunice Pierson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Friendly or flirting

Friendly from her point of view but flirting from the point of view of those men she's having eye contact with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 04:22 PM   #5
Liam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Friendly or flirting

Robert:

My brother had a wife like this. Everyone in the family noticed that she was always making eye contact with strange men and smiling at them. It was as if she needed constant validation of her attractiveness to other men.

This flirting issue did cause problems for my brother in many ways.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 08:34 AM   #6
shaybib
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Friendly or flirting

if it bothers you then you should talk about it with her. it doesn't really matter if this is just friendliness if it bothers you she should make an effort to stop or change the way she behaves.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 06:16 AM   #7
Hilary
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 78
Re: Friendly or flirting

I know this is now going back a long way in time, but good grief. Are you saying you don't make eye contact and smile with people as you go past them? I make a point of it as making eye contact in our society is the major way of staying connected with others. The issue is if she only makes contact with men and never with women. If its only with men there may be a problem, especially if she is making eye contact with young Muslim men who may well take eye contact as an invitation to more than she intends. Just being friendly is OK if its with a range of people in a cultural setting who understand her intent.

If she makes eye contact with all sorts of people she may just make their day. Smiling and acknowledgeing someone who is very lonely can lift their spirits and it is lovely watching their faces turn from ugly and miserable to one of beauty.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 02:39 PM   #8
chosen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,794
Re: Friendly or flirting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I know this is now going back a long way in time, but good grief. Are you saying you don't make eye contact and smile with people as you go past them? I make a point of it as making eye contact in our society is the major way of staying connected with others. The issue is if she only makes contact with men and never with women. If its only with men there may be a problem, especially if she is making eye contact with young Muslim men who may well take eye contact as an invitation to more than she intends. Just being friendly is OK if its with a range of people in a cultural setting who understand her intent.

If she makes eye contact with all sorts of people she may just make their day. Smiling and acknowledgeing someone who is very lonely can lift their spirits and it is lovely watching their faces turn from ugly and miserable to one of beauty.
There is a difference between looking at someone while you talk and flirting.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 11:27 AM   #9
Raymond
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,409
Re: Friendly or flirting

You are right Chosen. We all know the difference or should do. It's the look on their face which is the red light.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 10:42 PM   #10
chosen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,794
Re: Friendly or flirting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
You are right Chosen. We all know the difference or should do. It's the look on their face which is the red light.
Yes, and body language.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:08 AM   #11
blendflush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 41
Re: Friendly or flirting

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Yes, and body language.

Precisely, actions are more obvious than words.
blendflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 01:04 PM   #12
Hanna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
Re: Friendly or flirting

wh*re?) or no?)))
Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 07:25 PM   #13
danielcood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
Re: Friendly or flirting

In my vision friendly
danielcood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Top

Copyright ©1999-2019 2-in-2-1 Limited. All rights reserved. Disclaimer