Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 30th May 2009, 07:51 AM   #1
Godsway

Smile Prayers for Melissa

God bless you for praying my neice needs prayer 30's has 4 children she has Lou Garets diease fell today was medivat to trauma hospial head injury she has swelling and bleeding in the brain she asked her grandma to take care of her kids if any thing happens to her Grandma is 89 live's in Ca Melissa in Utah. pray for healing peace and Gods will be done. peace for the family including her Grandma. Grandma is her true mom she raised her.

thank you again for your prayers
God bless all
Maxine
Old 7th June 2009, 07:22 AM   #2
1aokgal

Re: Prayers for Melissa

Maxine...

I am so sorry to hear what problems and tragedy has happened with your neice. When my daughter was young she had a friend whose father was diagnosed with the terrible disease. That is indeed a death sentence and a horror for any sufferer. He did not want his family and daughter to be devastated with his med bills after he could not work and took his own life.

The elderly grandparents raised the girl. I ran into her a few months ago. She is a beautiful young woman with her own children. It was a burden for those grandparents and that granddmother was the mother all those years. They rose to the occasion and gave her the best.

Have you considered to help with the raising of a child or two in this situation? I have a friend who raised her sisters' baby as her own when the sister died in childbirth. That girl has been fortunate to have a loving successful woman who never married, raise her and give her everything she could desire. Now she she is a doting grandmother to her kids. Such a situation can bring out the most selfless love in relatives who step forward and take care of these children.

It seems that 89 is too old and likely beyond her strength to raise those children. It would be terrible if the children ended up in state care or foster care. I will have her on my thoughts and for you too, Maxine, that you will look into your own situation and see if this is an opportunity to be a heroine to these children in their time of need.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 8th June 2009 at 06:35 AM.