Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 18th August 2013, 03:06 PM   #46
Puglove

Re: Husband has left!

Ok..so he went to the wedding up country yesterday without me. Things seemed ok (although I read a text from him incorrectly and made myself look a bit silly!) but other than that things were ok.
Last night I went to a party and I really let my hair done, for the first time since he left I got drunk, not tipsy, not merry, drunk! There was a guy at this party who took a liking to me, I will admit I was pretty drunk and I am known for being very friendly when drunk so I was probably hugging everyone etc. this guy sat with me the whole night, turns out we like the same stuff, he was very sweet. He was very complimentary, put his number in my phone etc. I then thought at 12.40 in a drunken haze it would be a good idea to text my husband, alot, that some guy had been chatting to me, that I found it weird, that I'm married and I miss my husband etc. basically I missed him and think I felt guilty! I have text him this morning apologising for my ramblings etc but have not heard from him since! I equally have heard from the other guy today to say that "he thought I was really lovely and had been through a tough year. If I want my husband back I need to focus on that and that would be brilliant, but he is there for me to talk to if I need him."

So basically... I feel awful, I feel guilty for something I shouldn't feel guilty about as my husband has said to me we are "separated" we are not a couple. I equally feel my ramblings have blown it but I don't know why!
Old 18th August 2013, 03:08 PM   #47
Puglove

Or am I doing what I always do and over thinking it??
Old 18th August 2013, 04:19 PM   #48
chosen

Puglove, in my own opinion, getting at all involved with another mans is very unhelpful for you. Maybe sensible not to get drunk either, to prevent any future mistakes. In my experience getting drunk helps no one but causes many problems.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 04:25 PM   #49
Puglove

Nothing happened other than talking. All I want is my husband home, and the way I am feeling now I won be getting drunk again for a long while. I think it just really upset me, it made me miss him so much, as nice as it was to chat to new people and it was, I don't want that. I just want my husband home.
Old 18th August 2013, 04:36 PM   #50
Puglove

And I'm worried my texts to him, while all positive eg I miss him etc. it was late, I was rambling I'm worried I've blown it! I can't see how as I wasn't being horrible to him. He did speak to me yesterday to say his parents are kicking him out of his room as they have got 2 lodgers moving in so he will need to be on the sofa! I told him that he has a bed at home waiting if he wants it.
Old 18th August 2013, 05:50 PM   #51
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puglove View Post
Nothing happened other than talking. All I want is my husband home, and the way I am feeling now I won be getting drunk again for a long while. I think it just really upset me, it made me miss him so much, as nice as it was to chat to new people and it was, I don't want that. I just want my husband home.
yes alchohol does seem to bring out emotions.
Old 18th August 2013, 05:52 PM   #52
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puglove View Post
And I'm worried my texts to him, while all positive eg I miss him etc. it was late, I was rambling I'm worried I've blown it! I can't see how as I wasn't being horrible to him. He did speak to me yesterday to say his parents are kicking him out of his room as they have got 2 lodgers moving in so he will need to be on the sofa! I told him that he has a bed at home waiting if he wants it.

Hmmm not very caring parents Unless they need the money, but surely he is giving them money?
Old 18th August 2013, 06:36 PM   #53
Puglove

He isn't giving them money and they do need it. Personally I know even they don't understand him anymore so it could be their way of saying "get home to your wife." He has told his brother he misses me etc so it seems like its pure pride not bringing him home.
Old 18th August 2013, 07:20 PM   #54
chosen

I hope that he will swallow his pride, and maybe him having to leave the bedroom will make that happen.
Old 18th August 2013, 09:02 PM   #55
Puglove

That's it! I feel so guilty for texting him etc its unreal but...he left me!!! I haven't been horrible, ok I have probably irritated him but he has left me!! I do feel that I'm wasting my time on someone who can't even swallow his pride to come back? Not heard from him today. It just frustrated me as I am back to the girl he met, I'm happy, going out, enjoying myself yet he for whatever reason will not talk to me yet. I know it can't be rushed but I'm beginning to wonder is it worth all this?
Old 18th August 2013, 09:22 PM   #56
toellandback

My wife left me , yet I do all the chasing. It had a dramatic effect when I showed signs of moving on. It actually gave me hope. But my hope has waned somewhat. I'm going to try moving on again, you should carry on living your life. From all I see and hear we both strive for the perfect ending. But we let our partners decide our future. Bit downbeat , but our situations are similar in many ways.
Old 18th August 2013, 09:38 PM   #57
Puglove

I have moved on in general, I'm doing things I don't think he ever thought I would or could do! I'm going out, seeing people, living my life, I just feel he is missing.
I get the impression it's dear or pride or anxiety stopping him coming home but it does hurt that he would possibly pick his parents sofa over our bed..but we shall see I guess! I want him back cause I love him BUT I don't NEED him anymore, that's my difference. I have lived without him now. I just don't know what I can do x
Old 18th August 2013, 09:39 PM   #58
Puglove

Fear not dear!
Old 18th August 2013, 10:01 PM   #59
toellandback

Made me smile I was ok for a lil while. Tonight set me back. I want my wife because I love her. Nothing else, simply love being married to her.
I am sad I've failed her. She was very cruel verbally tonight. Hurts to hear her being vile towards others.
Sorry , all I mean to say is you seem to be getting there. Small steps eh
Old 19th August 2013, 07:44 AM   #60
Puglove

Ended up having a night full of nightmares. My husband by the looks of things on Facebook seems to be enjoying himself etc. I really really feel like texting him and saying "I am giving up" I heard nothing from him yesterday at all. I feel so awful and hurt today! Like I am wasting my time and energy waiting for a man who prefers the pub and going out over his wife and home!

Tags
advice, divorce, husband problems