Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 30th March 2005, 07:49 AM   #1
Springheeled Jack

Unhappy Please pray for us

My wife is threatening to leave as she has become disillusioned with our marriage, nothing I say will change her mind.

Please Lord dont do this to us, PLEASE dont let this happen. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE intervene.

SHJ
Old 17th April 2005, 03:24 AM   #2
disbelief

Re: Please pray for us

I haven't been a praying man for many, many years, but I will start again tonight. I will remember you especially as I also pray to God to save our marriage. Let's pray that God will enter the hardened hearts and minds of our spouses and give all of us the wisdom to overcome our problems. I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter who should also have an extra special spot in our prayers. Lord, do not take these things away. Lord, have mercy...

Peace be with you, friend.
Old 31st May 2005, 03:13 PM   #3
sophsl

The website below will help you. Please try it, it has made all the difference to me.
http://www.restorem.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi?page=index
Old 27th June 2005, 10:40 AM   #4
Springheeled Jack

Thank you dear friends,

At the momment things are so hard. My wife has started to go out to night clubs til the early hours of the morning. Lord why are you putting me through this? I worship you in every way that I can, but why now?

Dont take my wife away from me Lord, Help her to see what she is doing to our marriage, and to me. Help her to see how she is treating me, how she is talking to me. She is displaying all the signs of having an affair.

I love her Lord with all of my heart and all of my soul. I dont want to loose her. Show me what I can do. Please Lord.

Dont do this to us Lord. Help us to get past this.
Old 27th June 2005, 05:22 PM   #5
Debbo

Lord,

I pray for Jack's marraige. Please bring the love and passion back to two souls that You brought together in the first place.

You said in Your word, "What God has brought together, let not man pull assunder."

Father, I pray that you would give Jack wisdom in his actions toward his wife and teach him where changes need to be made.

Lord, I pray for his wife to see and feel the love that Jack has for her.
Please change the indifference that she has for him into the love that he deserves from her.

Thank you Lord. We wait for Your answers in eager anticipation.
Old 29th June 2005, 11:55 PM   #6
Valerie

Dear Springheld Jack,
I have not to church in many years either, but when I did, I was very involved and at many times felt the way you did. My husband at the time was the love of my life and he became a drug addict. The lies, the stealing and the disappearing with his friends drove me up the wall and yet he was a church going man too. I can honestly tell you that it wasn't until I stopped and changed seats with the driver in my life that made me feel different and gave me strength. Yes we pray, yes we continue to serve God, but whatever happens will happen regardless of what YOU want. It is not what you want, it is how you will handle this situation and how you will allow it to interfere with your spirituality as a servan to God. You have to be strong when she is weak and you have to set rules of what you will and will not tolerate. She made a commitment and wether she likes it or not she is obligated to mediate this with you before she moves on. If she is spiritual as well, then she must realize that she is playing with fire. Consistency.