Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > Chapel > Prayers needed

Old 10th February 2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Brotan

Prayer request - job for husband

Hi, please could you pray that my husband gets a job.

It is really more complicated than this, but I feel this is where we need to start. My husband and I have been separated for six months after he resigned his job (his own choice) eight months ago and did nothing about getting another one. I could not support the family financially and things in our marriage which had already been strained reached a point where, when he left to stay with his family after a fight, I left to stay with my family far away and got a job in the new town.

Since I left he has tried to get a new job, but so far nothing. I want to get back together with him, but things have got complicated - we have had to rent our house and so he is living with his family and I am with mine. I am the only one working and supporting our daughter who he has only seen 3 times in the last six months. I really feel we cannot do much about our marriage til we can at least live in the same town and we cannot do that without him having a job. Please could you pray that he finds a good job for his own sake as well as that of his family.
Old 12th February 2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Raymond

Re: Prayer request - job for husband

My wife and I will pray Brotan but feel it's important that your husband should be involved as well in that he prays as best as he can. That will be more effective.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Brotan

Thanks, I agree with you, but am not sure if he is praying or not. I have mentioned that I am praying about it to him, so he does know. What he decides to do about it is up to him - I hope he will.
Old 15th February 2009, 10:41 PM   #4
Raymond

God responds to faith Brotan. If you have given your life to Christ you will be in relationship with him and can look to him for your needs. The answers do not always come in the ways that you imagine but your needs will definitely be met if you know him.

Raymond
Old 24th February 2009, 02:49 AM   #5
hotcoffee

"Prayer without ceasing" It really works

We will pray for you.

God bless =)
Old 13th March 2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Brotan

Thanks for the advice - I started 31 days of praying for your husband late December 2008 and by February had got through it (I wasn't too good about the every day thing) Recently I started it again and I am amazed at how much has been answered already. Still praying however that he does get a job. We are in Christian marriage counselling now - still separated but we are planning to be back together soon. Please continue to pray that he gets a job as to be honest getting back with him would be one enormous leap of faith and he really needs that job.
Old 14th March 2009, 08:49 AM   #7
Raymond

God doesn't withold anything that we need Brotan but sometimes one has to get through on it. I find it's a lot to do with relationship. Sometimes God allows things to bring us into a better place with Him. He is not a vending machine. The work He is doing in us is more important but He does want us well and prospering.

I know what you mean about keeping up things every day. It can get a bit legalistic although we may need a program to get going sometime. Ultimately prayer will be a part of breathing for us.

I will pray for your situation and for a job for your husband but sometimes I feel something else is going on there.

Raymond
Old 14th March 2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Brotan

"God doesn't withold anything that we need "
Thanks I needed to hear that. Yes I am sure there are many other solutions than my husband getting a job - it just seems the most obvious one to pray for.
"He does want us well and prospering."

"but sometimes I feel something else is going on there."

I am not sure what you mean by this. I have a feeling plenty of things are going on here, but I have to also worry about the safety of my daughter and myself as well as our marriage and it hard to hand it all over especially when it seems God is asking me to do "crazy" things. (I suppose that Abraham taking Isaac to sacrifice was pretty "crazy" - some more examples of this in the Bible might help me too. Or if you know of anything where it says God will never ask you to do something that is stupid... although that could be read both ways in this situation - sorry can't go into details right now.

I am having a hard time knowing what is the right thing to do. It would be a lot easier if he did have that job now or in the very near future.
Old 15th March 2009, 11:06 AM   #9
Raymond

When I said that sometimes I feel that something else is going on here, it was something in my memory somewhere from before when you wrote. I am wondering whether there is full co-operation from him on this and is he looking to God also? If there is not you could be in danger of trying to manipulating him. God is well able to provide your need in some other way.

God is the source whether He does it through your husband or not. He has promised to meet your need. The verse that comes to my mind is "My God will supply all your need acording to His riches in glory in christ Jesus" There are many many others.

I don't know what you think God is asking you to do but if you know it is definitely God do it. We are always blessed through obedience. But also try the spirits whether they are of God. You don't want any other spirits coming in here or even your own flesh.

God never asks you to do anything stupid although it may seem stupid in our own eyes. The thing is to know that it is God then everything else works out right. The main way God speaks is through His word and by His Spirit.

All word and you dry up. All spirit and you blow up. But with the word and the Spirit you grow up. There is a balance here.

Raymond
Old 15th March 2009, 11:25 AM   #10
Brotan

My husband has agreed to marriage counselling for which he has committed to do a lot of things including reading the Bible, praying and going to church, which I imagine he has not been doing a lot of lately. I believe he takes seriously the committments he makes, so I am trusting he is doing what he agreed to (just as he has to trust that I am keeping my end of it) I cannot know what God plans for my husband are, but I am trying to lean on the fact that when two people get married they become one with different roles sure. I have to trust that God is leading him to fulfill his roles in our marriage.

I am going to return to my husband in three weeks time. In doing so I will lose the job I have here and my husband still does not have a job. We do have a place to stay. I will also lose all the support I have built up here and have no support in the new place until I manage to find some. This is the decision to make that seems totally crazy - I cannot imagine anyone thinking that this is a wise decision - we still have our daughter to look after too. The only reason I have decided to return is based on scripture: that God honours marriages (two become one) and that God will supply all our needs.

Nonetheless I do have doubts about this and a great desire to protect myself and my daughter incase it doesn't work out. At the same time how do I do something in faith if I leave a back door open?

I cannot imagine that there is another spirit at work here. It feels correct according to scripture, just unwise according to how things are in the world.
Old 16th March 2009, 02:05 PM   #11
Raymond

I get more of the picture now Brotan and it sounds to me like you are doing the right thing. The safest place to be is in following Christ as he never lets us down. I believe God will honour your step of faith. He can open new doors as you look to Him. Of course the enemy may shout in your ear that you are totally crazy or even just your own reason. There are times though when Gods ways cross with our reason and we get anxious but if you are hearing from God everything will work out. He never lets us down.

God is very interested in marriages as it is his idea. He hates divorce. He sees you as married (one flesh) and will work in your marriage. I really hope this will be a new chapter for you. the best way to help your daughter is to seek God for yourself. This will rub off on her in the long run as it has done in my children. All the other things will be added without us being too worried about them.

Raymond
Old 25th March 2009, 07:41 PM   #12
Brotan

Please could you keep us in your prayers. We are nearly halfway through the counselling now and it is a very up and down experience. Very soon we will be together again and some days I am as scared as can be and other days more positive.

My husband still does not have a job and finances are going to be a big concern. Perhaps in some ways it will be positive as it will give us time together to fix our relationship while we are both without a job.
Old 26th March 2009, 08:39 AM   #13
JWD

I will be praying for you both brotan. You pray for me too please, I've said lots of horrible things recently :-(

Stay positive and concentrate on taking any good at all from the situation i.e. spending time together whilst he looks for a job. I truly believe I'm going to get through this and you will too.

Thinking of you
JWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 07:10 PM   #14
Raymond

Will be praying Brotan. It is good that your husband is going through the counseling. I think you said it was christian counseling so submitting to that will prove beneficial I think.

It's like a new start in a way without any props it seems, but I am expecting positive things to happen. It will be along road but I believe God will show you keys for your situation.

Raymond
Old 27th March 2009, 05:41 AM   #15
Brotan

Can I now ask that you pray for me. I am finding letting go of the place I have been in for 7 months really hard. There is a tremendous amount of work to do to sort out a whole house and pack up (how do you take a whole house in 2 suitcases), emotionally its been very stressful to say goodbye to everyone here. I know on the other side it will not be easy emotionally either - 7 months is a long time and it will feel like being with a stranger - besides which we both feel awkward about things and physical touch will also be awkward (even hugs let alone anything else)

I am feeling scared and lonely and while I know God is here and won't leave me I am feeling a bit intimidated by all these stresses.

Tags
complicated, daughter, job, separated