Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th April 2014, 09:53 AM   #1
Lost2014

Unhappy Wife is confused

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I'm here because my wife has had an affair, which I can forgive, but says she has feelings for him. She's only young (26) and so am I (25) but this man she's seeing is 40. He's left his wife, and she did leave me, but came back because she had nowhere else to go.

Since she's been home, we've talked a lot and she said that our marriage was never bad before, she didn't want this to happen, but it has. She says she loves spending time with me and doesn't want to lose me but doesn't know what her feelings are for this other person.

I've told her that she can stay while she tries to figure out what she wants, I believe that this is just a phase and it'll burn out because it's just infatuation. I know she now has doubts about leaving, everything isn't as green on the other side as she thought.

I love her wholeheartedly and we fit together perfectly. We could spend forever in each other's company and never get bored, and she says she still feels the same way about me. I honestly believe that we're perfect together and think the attention from this other man was enough to excite her and this is how it's ended up.

So my question is; is this just a fling? Would she really be at home with me if she really wanted to be with him? She is still going out and seeing him, because I want her to know that this isn't real until she recommits to me.

I guess I'm just looking for everyone's thoughts on this really...

Thanks!
Lost2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, affair, love, marriage, separation