Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  
Old 23rd January 2016, 01:25 AM   #781
Lindentree1

Re: Oh no...oh no...

Thanks, Ralf. I really like this. I need to remember this in my own life as I have tended to play it safe. It's hard to reap the rewards if you are too afraid to go after your dreams.

As they say-- "Feel the fear and do it anyway."
Lindentree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:30 AM   #782
ralfgarnett

Hi LDT, I'm very pleased you like it, as I said I only discovered it yesterday but found substance in it.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 02:10 AM   #783
chosen

How are things LT? Is the divorce done yet?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 08:17 AM   #784
Lindentree1

Hi Chosen. No, the next court date has been set for early March, but I think this will take awhile. My WH seems unwilling to compromise. I didn't even ask for anything unusual, but for some reason he wants to hang onto every penny--even some pennies that belong to me.

I don't think this will go to trial, the court date is so a judge can see the progress in the case. I'm thinking it should be over by the middle of May. We'll see. I'm not terribly happy about it--but since I don't have a choice in the matter it's best to get on with it, I guess. And it has been 18 months since I first moved out on my own. When this is over I will be able to move on in time. It's still a painful process as you know, but I'm looking forward to brighter days ahead. I know they're out there somewhere.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:25 PM   #785
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindentree1 View Post
Hi Chosen. No, the next court date has been set for early March, but I think this will take awhile. My WH seems unwilling to compromise. I didn't even ask for anything unusual, but for some reason he wants to hang onto every penny--even some pennies that belong to me.

I don't think this will go to trial, the court date is so a judge can see the progress in the case. I'm thinking it should be over by the middle of May. We'll see. I'm not terribly happy about it--but since I don't have a choice in the matter it's best to get on with it, I guess. And it has been 18 months since I first moved out on my own. When this is over I will be able to move on in time. It's still a painful process as you know, but I'm looking forward to brighter days ahead. I know they're out there somewhere.
My divorce took 8 months with another 8 months after that till the financial stuff was all settled. Its sad that he is being so greedy, make sure you get what you are entitled to.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:24 AM   #786
Lindentree1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
My divorce took 8 months with another 8 months after that till the financial stuff was all settled. Its sad that he is being so greedy, make sure you get what you are entitled to.
Thanks, Chosen. I definitely don't want to feel cheated. I'm even willing to compromise on a lot of things. It take two to compromise, though, and he seems very unwilling. You're right. I can't really say with absolute certainty when this will all be over. His last email said he'd be willing to go into talks again, but I've heard this before. He is for sure being greedy. I'm really surprised at the extent of it, though.
Old 17th February 2016, 02:41 PM   #787
chosen

Quote:
Thanks, Chosen. I definitely don't want to feel cheated. I'm even willing to compromise on a lot of things. It take two to compromise, though, and he seems very unwilling. You're right. I can't really say with absolute certainty when this will all be over. His last email said he'd be willing to go into talks again, but I've heard this before. He is for sure being greedy. I'm really surprised at the extent of it, though.
I always say that divorce brings out what is inside a person, the real them.
Old 18th February 2016, 03:10 AM   #788
Lindentree1

Quote:
I always say that divorce brings out what is inside a person, the real them.
I wonder. All this has made me wonder if there were things about him I simply didn't see before. I know he has a lot of good qualities, but I've also seen a level of cruelty and greed that surprises and saddens me.
Old 18th February 2016, 07:36 PM   #789
chosen

Quote:
I wonder. All this has made me wonder if there were things about him I simply didn't see before. I know he has a lot of good qualities, but I've also seen a level of cruelty and greed that surprises and saddens me.
well it must have been there for it to come out. When we get squeezed what is inside will come out. MY husbands ex was very selfish and manipulative during their divorce, while he acted with integrity and honestly, one of then reasons I love him.
Old 18th February 2016, 10:05 PM   #790
Lindentree1

Quote:
well it must have been there for it to come out. When we get squeezed what is inside will come out. MY husbands ex was very selfish and manipulative during their divorce, while he acted with integrity and honestly, one of then reasons I love him.
Your story gives me hope that I can have a loving marriage the second time around. Someday, God willing.
Old 18th February 2016, 10:29 PM   #791
chosen

Quote:
Your story gives me hope that I can have a loving marriage the second time around. Someday, God willing.
Most people who get divorced do seem to marry again so yes there is lots of hope, and I hope there is a good man for you out there.